Options

12 Posts

12-10-2010

US

25 Signins

227 Page Views

• Views: 227
  • Message 1 of 2

Phonebook transfer to cordless phones (PBAP)

2020-05-22, 3:10 AM

Does the Moto e5 Play even support "Phone Book Access Protocol" (PBAP)?   I get the impression it won't, to be certain the Motorola "Help" chat has absolutely no clue, and keep trying to pawn me off on some other support group (who would have heard I was trying to configure a cell phone, and immediately bounced me right back).

I have a new Link2Cell capable cordless phone system, and I wanted to send my phone book (or at least part of it) over to the phone system, but the e5 has absolutely no clue what to do.  

I'm guessing it needs some sort of extra app, but the question is which one can be used for a basic transfer without loading my phone down with a tonnage of spam and other cruft.  Which is why I'd prefer to find how this can be made to work with what the phone already has.

Options

1274 Posts

03-11-2019

US

527 Signins

36455 Page Views

• Views: 36455
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Phonebook transfer to cordless phones (PBAP)

2020-05-27, 14:38 PM

Hi jelabarre59,

Thanks for posting your concern. All our phones support PBAP server role. The cordless phone system would have to support PBAP Client mode to be able to connect to our phones and download contacts. It looks like the cordless phone might only support PBAP server role, hence server to server connection is not possible.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save