09-09-2019

US

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

moto e5 play - discontinued support?

2020-10-14, 0:52 AM

I'm trying to piece together the utilities and apps necessary to mount my moto e5 play so it is visible to my desktop Win10 x64 desktop PC, either or both USB/wireless.

I've tried searches on model name but it appears the "e5" throws a "not found" error. My next choice to search was "moto"; that yields everything with "moto" in it, which includes every occurrence of "motorola".

The conclusion I've come to is that the e5 play is obsolesced. It might be helpful to make a clear announcement to that effect at any point where a search for the specific model is detected. Likewise, if any compatibility issues with Windows 10 preclude what I'm trying to do, it'd be helpful to make a link available to such info. It's rather curious that under Windows 10, the plug-n-play efficiency of earlier WIndows versions was nearly seamless. It appears the moto e5 play's resources have dwindled to make way for the e and e6.

Any info and corrections will be greatly appreciated, and best of all would be a confirmation that further searches for support software will result in futility...... I executed the installers I'd downloaded when I was on Windows 7; while the system didn't balk or throw warnings back, it's ultimately about whether the developer provided such a feature.

Be well, all.

Options

3385 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3068 Signins

62371 Page Views

• Views: 62371
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:moto e5 play - discontinued support?

2020-10-15, 13:39 PM

@ ray_tracer wrote:

I'm trying to piece together the utilities and apps necessary to mount my moto e5 play so it is visible to my desktop Win10 x64 desktop PC, either or both USB/wireless.

I've tried searches on model name but it appears the "e5" throws a "not found" error. My next choice to search was "moto"; that yields everything with "moto" in it, which includes every occurrence of "motorola".

The conclusion I've come to is that the e5 play is obsolesced. It might be helpful to make a clear announcement to that effect at any point where a search for the specific model is detected. Likewise, if any compatibility issues with Windows 10 preclude what I'm trying to do, it'd be helpful to make a link available to such info. It's rather curious that under Windows 10, the plug-n-play efficiency of earlier WIndows versions was nearly seamless. It appears the moto e5 play's resources have dwindled to make way for the e and e6.

Any info and corrections will be greatly appreciated, and best of all would be a confirmation that further searches for support software will result in futility...... I executed the installers I'd downloaded when I was on Windows 7; while the system didn't balk or throw warnings back, it's ultimately about whether the developer provided such a feature.

Be well, all.

Thanks for taking the time to post your question. Before I start recommended anything I want to make sure I fully understand what you're trying to do. Are you trying to connect to your PC to transfer files? Were you able to do this on Windows 7?  Let me know.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete