Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ezak5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,278
Message 1 of 7

Apps keep crashing

My Moto e5 plus phone - ever since I purchased it a month ago, has multiple app crashing problems. Worst among these are the Google Maps app and the Google photos app. The maps app will work briefly, only after I've disabled it and enabled it. Not so for the photos app. Please help!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,241
Message 2 of 7

Re: Apps keep crashing

Hi Ezak5,

Welcome to the community. We are always ready to help here. Sorry to learn that you have some crash issues with the apps on your phone. Is this happening only to the pre-installed apps or to third-party apps as well? Are all your apps updated? What about the system software itself?

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Ezak5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,182
Message 3 of 7

The only apps that are crashing are the pre-installed ones. I will update my file with my IMEI number. My carrier is MetroPCS.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,133
Message 4 of 7

Are all your apps updated? What about the system software itself? Please test in safe mode to see if it helps. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Ezak5
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,056
Message 5 of 7

All of my apps are up to date and my system software is also up to date. Apps continue to crash in Safe Mode as well. Some apps cannot even be opened, like Google notes. Do I need to send in for repairs? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,996
Message 6 of 7

We stand by our products and they come with a one year manufacturer's warranty, barring any physical or liquid damage. However, before sending the phone in for a replacement, I would suggest that you do a factory data reset without automatic restore to see if it will help. Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/moto-e-family/moto-e5-play/documents/MS12736...

After the reset, do not install your third-party apps all at once. Test the phone first with only the pre-installed apps on the phone. Then, install your third-party apps one at a time while continuing to observe if the issue will resurface.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Lionkingtre
What's DOS?
Views: 1,287
Message 7 of 7

Why is my Moto e5 go keeps going to Blank screen and kicking me off every game I try to play?

Top Kudoed Authors