Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oscar_Vargas
Paper Tape
Views: 196
Message 1 of 7

Auto rotation not working

Screenshot_20190526-130527.pngAuto rotation no working in any app, I do not know if the sensor is failing or the Android system does not recognize it. Adding a CPU-Z screenshot of the sensors tab.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 154
Message 2 of 7

Re: Auto rotation not working

Hi Oscar_Vargas,

This is odd, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Also, please share us the screenshot of the settings enable under Display? We would like to take a look. Have you tried all apps such as YouTube/Gmail etc..

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Oscar_Vargas
Paper Tape
Views: 133
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the response.

I have tried in YouTube, Gmail, Chrome, Facebook, etc... and does not work in any app. Adding a screenshot of Safe Mode in Display Settings and a test in landscape mode. Still not working.

You think this could be solved making a factory reset?

Screenshot_20190528-195926.pngScreenshot_20190528-200005.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 122
Message 4 of 7

@Oscar_Vargas wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I have tried in YouTube, Gmail, Chrome, Facebook, etc... and does not work in any app. Adding a screenshot of Safe Mode in Display Settings and a test in landscape mode. Still not working.

You think this could be solved making a factory reset?

Screenshot_20190528-195926.pngScreenshot_20190528-200005.png

Thanks for reverting. Yes! I think the glitch could be fixed with a quick Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps—no harm in giving a shot. Make sure to take a backup of your device before we proceed. Hope it helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Oscar_Vargas
Paper Tape
Views: 44
Message 5 of 7

Sorry for a late answer, I finally had time to make a Factory Reset but did not work. And I think it is not just the automatic rotation, only the fingerprint sensor works. What can I do?

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 37
Message 6 of 7

@Oscar_Vargas wrote:

Sorry for a late answer, I finally had time to make a Factory Reset but did not work. And I think it is not just the automatic rotation, only the fingerprint sensor works. What can I do?

Thank you for trying FDR, could you confirm if you have performed it with or without restoring any apps? If the 'auto rotation' still not working-- we might need to capture a Bug Report for investigation.

Let us know if you need steps to capture the Bug Report?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Oscar_Vargas
Paper Tape
Views: 29
Message 7 of 7

I made a FDR without restoring any apps. I do not know how to do a Bug Report. Thanks for the response.

Top Kudoed Authors