Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jelabarre59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 99
Message 1 of 1

Cannot voice dial on bluetooth offline

(tried posting this before, but it ended up with the wrong "topic", which seems to have tacked it onto a solved-but-not-actually-solved message your system incorrectly marked as "solved")

Back when I had a Moto Droid Razr HD, I was able to do basic voice dialing with a bluetooth headset. All I had to do was press the button on the headset, and the phone would ask who I wanted to call. Simple, straightforward, no other apps getting in the way, no mobile data, nothing but a phone that did what I asked without a whole lot of other UNWANTED cruft in the way. Heck, even my old Casio C721 flip-phone could manage that 8 or 9 years ago.

So what is the MAJOR malfunction with the E5 Play? WHY do I have to use some Hack-Me/Spy-On-Me app from Google to do the same thing????? WHY do I have to have mobile data running just to do a simple phone call over bluetooth????

I leave my mobile data OFF for the overwhelming majority of the time. I don't see why I should have to do otherwise now, especially since the same functionality was available in other phones many YEARS before now.

I don't want to have to holler "OK Google" just to switch the phone on. In fact, I don't want it to listen to anything I say **UNTIL** I press the headset button, and once I do that I want it to look up and call the number WITHOUT the intervention of ANY other parties. So how will I get this done?

Top Kudoed Authors