cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cb0324
Punch Card
Views: 601
Message 1 of 8

E 5 Plus blocks SIP traffic over wireless broadband.

Problem:
My phone, Motorola E 5 PLUS, blocks SIP ( VoIP) traffic through applications like Zadarma, Zoiper or Linphone.
This happens in Mobile internet ( LTE) mode, it DOES work in wi-fi mode.
After extensive testing with the VoIP provider- Zadarma in this case- and T mobile support  including testing of different phones at the T mobile storer the common conclusion was that it is this specific line of phones. Other phones like ZTE, Samsung or LG work without problems on T mobile LTE network with these applications.. Other units of the same model show the same problem.
It is some firmware bug or internal setting of the phone which causes this malfunction.

Waiting for solution from Motorola.

Any ideas?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 534
Message 2 of 8

Re: E 5 Plus blocks SIP traffic over wireless broadband.

Hi cb0324,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Where did you purchase the phone? Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support

cb0324
Punch Card
Views: 519
Message 3 of 8

Purchased in T mobile store. Tested other phone in the store same problem. Tested non-motorola phones no problem. carrier T mobile US.

E 5PLUS . software variant: t

Software channel :tmo

Android 8.0

build number; OCPS27.91-150-2

IMEI *removed*

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 488
Message 4 of 8

Hi cb0324,

Thanks for providing the information. We'd like to further investigate this. Please send us a BUG report when it happened and let's see what we can find on the report. 

BUG Report Steps:

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.   

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
cb0324
Punch Card
Views: 482
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

sorry, but your steps are not quite conform with what I see on the menu screen( this phone is extraordinarily difficult to navigate even on simple issues). This needs PHONE support otherwise we can spend next two years messaging. 

Also, what do you mean under 'when the event occurs'? It occurs all the time. The app gives a message ' selected network route not allowed with current settings you have set up' ( except that i have not set up anything, it;s the internal settings of the phone).

I would suggest two things to resolve this:

1. A phone call from your side ( or me calling you at an agreed and specified time ) to a specified phone number so this phone stays free and we can go through whatever steps are needed to be taken.

2. You take the same phone( all E plus 5 in the T mobile store have the same problem) , open a test account with Zadarma( you may be able to do that without funding.), download Zadarma application and test it yourself. additionally you can try other apps with the same provider like Linphone or Zoiper.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.    Carl

cb0324
Punch Card
Views: 382
Message 6 of 8

Hi, after submitting the bug report a couple of days ago, is there any new development in the case?Smiley Wink

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 340
Message 7 of 8

@cb0324 wrote:

Hi, after submitting the bug report a couple of days ago, is there any new development in the case?Smiley Wink

Thanks for logs. I have reported this to the team and we're still working on this. I'll keep you updated. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

cb0324
Punch Card
Views: 233
Message 8 of 8

Hi, it has been now four weeks since the last reply and i have not heard anything back. Can someone tell me what is going on? Unless the problem requiers redesigning of the whole phone it should be solved now- or explained why it cannot be solved.