Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MartinK42
Blue Screen Again
Views: 392
Message 1 of 3

Fingerprint scanner not working after security update

I have a Moto e5 Plus. Two days ago i installed the latest security update but ever since the fingerprint sensor will not recognise my fingerprints. I have tried deleting them and adding them again, deleting the system UI cache and restarting my phone but nothing helps. I hope there is a fix coming soon or any suggestions for getting it to work again. Thanks.

Martin

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 370
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fingerprint scanner not working after security update

@MartinK42 wrote:

I have a Moto e5 Plus. Two days ago i installed the latest security update but ever since the fingerprint sensor will not recognise my fingerprints. I have tried deleting them and adding them again, deleting the system UI cache and restarting my phone but nothing helps. I hope there is a fix coming soon or any suggestions for getting it to work again. Thanks.

Martin

Hi MartinK42,

Sorry about that, just to narrow down--could you confirm you are able to add the Fingerprint at least? What happens when you try to access, does it shows any error? Have you tried wiping the Fingerprint scanner to see if that makes any difference?

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
MartinK42
Blue Screen Again
Views: 361
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fingerprint scanner not working after security update

Thanks for the reply. Yes I can access the fingerprint setup screen and can set up new fingerprints. I have cleaned the fingerprint reader, this time with a screen wipe, which seems to have a bit of success, first it only randomly recognised fingerprints but after a while it seems to be working properly now. Fingers crossed that fixed it, thanks for the help.

Martin