04-26-2019 05:51 AM
I bought Moto 5 E plus in India and it stopped working after a month. Now I am going back to the US I want to know if I can get it repaired unde warranty in the US.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-26-2019 02:22 PM
Thanks for posting. Motorola phones are only in warranty in the country/region in which they are intended for sale. We never recommend buying a phone in one region for ongoing use in another for this reason. How your phone is not working, can you tell more about it? I'd like to help as far as troubleshooting the device.
04-26-2019 04:20 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
The phone had problems with its camera from day 1 and then after about 45 days, it went dead. Battery doesn't charge. No screen. I tried pressing the power button etc. No response. Completely dead.
04-29-2019 08:41 AM
You can try these steps. Please do these steps while your phone is connected to the original Motorola charger plugged directly to a wall outlet.
1. Please press and hold the VOL DOWN key.
2. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key.
3. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds. This is more than 2 minutes and will seem like a long time, it will help to time this to ensure you hold the keys long enough.
4. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.
5. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted.
6. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.
While these key sequences are the same as the Forced Reboot, holding the keys down for over two minutes issues a different command to the device. This forces a hardware reset of the processor and terminates all running commands.
04-29-2019 07:57 PM
Thanks for your suggestions.
I tried exactly as you wrote.
Plugged into wall socket with original charger. Pressed down volume down key and then first the power button, held more than two minutes.
No. Nothing. Completely dead.
What didd that indicate? Hope this piece so be replaced....
04-30-2019 05:37 AM
If what I provided does not work then I would suggest contacting the reseller of that device if they can provide you a warranty for that for the phone.