Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hartej
Paper Tape
Views: 3,225
Message 1 of 16

Issues with volume and lagging on new motoe5

I have recently bought a new motoe5 plus.With in a week of buying it, it is giving me a lot of issues.Some of the issues are:

1. No audio on any of the apps.

2. Callers not able to hear my voice

3. Huge lag and buffering time while playing videos and music

4. Often restarts on it's own

The only solution is to restart the phone, which I am doing constantly and is highly irritating.Kindly give me the solution to this.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 3,110
Message 2 of 16

Re: Issues with volume and lagging on new motoe5

Hi Hartej,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are always ready to assist you here. So sorry to learn that you have had some challenges with your Moto E5 Plus. Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Hartej
Paper Tape
Views: 3,099
Message 3 of 16

Yeah that's okay with me but will it interrupt my operation of the phone?

I have updated the IMEI number as asked

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 3,094
Message 4 of 16

No, it should not interrupt the operation of the device. We checked your phone and it appears to be an app issue. In this regard, please test in safe mode. In this way, we can rule out any likelihood that a rogue app is messing with your phone. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let me know what happens.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Hartej
Paper Tape
Views: 3,073
Message 5 of 16

I ran it in safe mode too and still the problem persists.The issues have become even more frequent now.It keeps restarting on its own,
Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 3,066
Message 6 of 16

Thank you for reporting back. We would like to gather a few more information that we can forward to our product team for further investigation. For each of the issue you have raised in your first post, kindly send a bug report regarding it. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message..
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Please make sure that you capture the bug reports right after you experience each of the issues.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Hartej
Paper Tape
Views: 3,060
Message 7 of 16

Do you want me to make this my full time job.Dont you test your product before sending it out.Give me some solution.I am not going to be doing this.Which was the app you found in your check that was causing problems according to you?

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 3,039
Message 8 of 16

That was never our intention, of course. I checked your phone's IMEI and found out that you have performed a factory reset recently. When you performed the reset, did you download and install all your third-party apps right after it? We saw a few apps crashing: Grab on Rent, Whatsapp, Swiggy and Netflix.

Do you have an SD card installed on your phone? How is it formatted? If you have one, can you try removing it and test if the issues will persist?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Hartej
Paper Tape
Views: 3,004
Message 9 of 16

Most of the apps you mentioned are common apps, phone should handle this.Also I removed the sd card but the problem still persists.

Hartej
Paper Tape
Views: 3,003
Message 10 of 16

The biggest issue is the hanging up of media based apps like youtube and music apps.The sound will stop coming from the phone entirely.Following is the link to the bug report.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hstfSaFAuYX_T7AZ9XxIPMpUBfTt4fe3

Taken at 1:35 am IST

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors