Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilessshh
Paper Tape
Views: 109
Message 1 of 4

Message delivery on phone is delayed

In any message chat, delivery of text sms on my phone is delayed. I recieve either one or two sms on time and after that next sms arrive 5hours later on my phone. I'm facing this problem for 2 months. I changed the messaging app but problem is same for all other sms apps.

Please fix this problem.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 105
Message 2 of 4

Re: Message delivery on phone is delayed

Hi nilessshh,

Thanks for posting. Since you have used different messenger apps it could be a network problem. Are you getting a good cellular signal on the device? How about calling and mobile data are they affected? Try performing a network reset on the phone by going to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings. If that does not work try contacting your service provider or you can request to replace your SIM card. Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

nilessshh
Paper Tape
Views: 64
Message 3 of 4

No such problems from network provider. I had a conversation with them once they said this could be due to problem in handset.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 46
Message 4 of 4

Hi nilessshh,

You can try sending messages during safe mode, let me know what happens. If that does not work, backup your phone and perform a factory data reset without any restore. 

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears

Here is the link if you need steps for a factory data reset: https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/products/cell-phones/moto-e-family/moto-e5/documents/MS129456

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support