Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlaiseC
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 1 of 4

Moto E5 Plus looking to hear text messages

I just bought my E5 Plus a few days ago. My old phone (Moto G Ext) had an option where it would read out loud texts I received while driving. I thought for sure this phone would have something similar but I cannot find anything. I sometimes get time sensitive texts from work and am looking for a way, even if it's an installed app, that will prevent me from having to pull over for every single text I get while driving. Is this possible or am I just out of luck?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 433
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto E5 Plus looking to hear text messages

Hi BlaiseC,

Thanks for posting. Make sure you have enabled the Google Assistant, just open Google app > Tap the 3 dots (left bottom part) > Settings > Voice > Voice Match > Enable while driving. You have to say the command "OK Google" and ‘read my text messages’ and it will provide the texts in the most recent order. Let me know if that helps. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

BlaiseC
Paper Tape
Views: 426
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately there is no "Enable while driving" option under Voice Match.
-Blaise
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 407
Message 4 of 4

Hi Blaise,

Can you please send me a screenshot the options you're seeing under Voice Match? How do you connect your phone to your car? Is it via Bluetooth or USB? Android Auto will pop up a message on the screen/app and you can tap on it and it will read it out over the speaker and you can reply by voice.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors