Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 1,584
Message 1 of 26

Moto E5 Supra not updating to october release patch

I have moto e5 supra and using it on cricket wireless and my phone is still on july security patch and other reports online saying they have updated the device for october release patch and I do not get that update why is that? did motorola put a hold on the update?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,555
Message 2 of 26

Re: Moto E5 Supra not updating to october release patch

Hi skyethur,

Thanks for writing to us. I can have someone take a look at this. Please make sure that your Forums profile is updated with your Moto E5 Supra's IMEI number.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 1,515
Message 3 of 26

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hi skyethur,

Thanks for writing to us. I can have someone take a look at this. Please make sure that your Forums profile is updated with your Moto E5 Supra's IMEI number.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Yes my current profile is current and updated to my moto e5 supra IMEI.. I included screenshots of my software it is still on July security patch which should be october.Screenshot_20181104-120829.png

skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 1,465
Message 4 of 26

@Agent_JM wrote:

Hi skyethur,

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Did you find solution why my moto e5 supra is not updating to the current software?

Sid1998
Punch Card
Views: 1,385
Message 5 of 26

I think u have to go to service center to get ur handset updated
I have moto c plus and it was stuck on August Patch and Everyone updated to May patch.
skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 1,331
Message 6 of 26

Moto E5 Supra not updating anymore

My motorola e5 supra from cricket wireless stops updating anymore and the current update is today december 7th the last time my phone updated was in July 2018 it skips two updates already.. How do I file a warranty claim or closer repair shop for this phone? Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,314
Message 7 of 26

Re: Moto E5 Supra not updating anymore

Hi skyethur,

Thansk for posting. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. 

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 1,310
Message 8 of 26

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi skyethur,

Thansk for posting. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Motorola privacy is turn on already. My IMEI is already up to date but the phone type I can not find Moto E5 Supra it only shows Moto E5 Plus..

skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 1,307
Message 9 of 26

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi skyethur,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

If you can not find solution please provide me information on warranty claim I am way behind security updates already.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,233
Message 10 of 26

Hi skyethur,

We have checked this and the phone is outdated. We recommend sending the phone for repair. You can see the options on this link

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors