Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eugeniacp
Paper Tape
Views: 849
Message 1 of 28

Moto E5 play doesnt recognize sim card /no reoconoce la sim

Hello, i´m from Venezuela and I purchased a moto e 5 play; as you may know, after the last "security update", the phone will not recognize the sim card, so i am unable to send texts, receive/make calls, etc. I went to the store and they told me that they are waiting on Motorola to fix the problem.

I have recently discovered from browsing the internet that this is a mayor problem and there are lots of people affected because it appears that a lot of these cellphones were sold here without being unlocked correctly from verizon. 

I would like to know how can i verify if this is my case? and if it comes to that, how could i fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

Hola, soy de Venezuela y compré un Moto e5 play, como quizá sabrán, después de la última "actualización de seguridad", el teléfono no reconoce la sim card, por lo cual no puedo enviar mensajes, llamadas, etc. Fui a la tienda en donde lo compré y me dijeron que estaban a la espera de que Motorola solucionara el problema.

Recientemente, despúes de investigar en internet, descubrí que es un problema general y hay muchos afectados, ya que parece que muchos de estos equipos fueron vendidos sin ser antes desbloqueados  de verizon apropiadamente.

Me gustaría saber, ¿cómo puedo identificar si este es mi caso? y de ser así, ¿cómo podría solucionarlo?

Muchas gracias.

JoseAgustin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 819
Message 2 of 28

Re: Moto E5 play doesnt recognize sim card /no reoconoce la sim

Hi! I'm Joe from Cuba. I've a similar issue with my moto e5 play but in my case the phone DOES recognize CUBACEL's SIM CARD although NOW (the phone performed just fine before I updated system to ODPS27.91-121-10-2) is unable to operate with this carrier's 2G/3G/LTE network. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 781
Message 3 of 28

@eugeniacp wrote:

Hello, i´m from Venezuela and I purchased a moto e 5 play; as you may know, after the last "security update", the phone will not recognize the sim card, so i am unable to send texts, receive/make calls, etc. I went to the store and they told me that they are waiting on Motorola to fix the problem.

I have recently discovered from browsing the internet that this is a mayor problem and there are lots of people affected because it appears that a lot of these cellphones were sold here without being unlocked correctly from verizon. 

I would like to know how can i verify if this is my case? and if it comes to that, how could i fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

Hola, soy de Venezuela y compré un Moto e5 play, como quizá sabrán, después de la última "actualización de seguridad", el teléfono no reconoce la sim card, por lo cual no puedo enviar mensajes, llamadas, etc. Fui a la tienda en donde lo compré y me dijeron que estaban a la espera de que Motorola solucionara el problema.

Recientemente, despúes de investigar en internet, descubrí que es un problema general y hay muchos afectados, ya que parece que muchos de estos equipos fueron vendidos sin ser antes desbloqueados  de verizon apropiadamente.

Me gustaría saber, ¿cómo puedo identificar si este es mi caso? y de ser así, ¿cómo podría solucionarlo?

Muchas gracias.

So this is a Verizon branded phone that is made for the USA and not the version of the phone made for Venezuela?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
eugeniacp
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 4 of 28

exactly, i think so
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 730
Message 5 of 28

Hi JoseAgustin,

I'dl like to check this. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number. See here for the instruction.  Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

JoseAgustin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 667
Message 6 of 28

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your advise. I've updated my profile already. Just a note: my moto e5 play, formerly Verizon U.S.A., was activated and working smoothly in Cuba with Cubacel on 3G. Cubacel, our carrier, operates a gsm network with 2G/3G at 900 MHz and 4G at 1800 MHz.
Highlighted
JoseAgustin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 703
Message 7 of 28

"Moto E5 Play doesn't recognize SIM Card" in images.

IMG_0438.JPGAndroid config & build info.

IMG_0422.JPGSIM PIN request after rebooting.

IMG_0421.JPGFirst err message after successful login.

IMG_0423.JPGAutomatic network lookup.

IMG_0426.JPGSecond err message after failed network registration attempt.

IMG_0427.JPGNo service message.

Jordatchy
What's DOS?
Views: 646
Message 8 of 28

Re: "Moto E5 Play doesn't recognize SIM Card" in images.

So my moto e5 play too. No network on. I have a problem with last update on my moto e5 play. I can't use my sim card anymore after the last update the 28/06/19
JoseAgustin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 640
Message 9 of 28

Same issue in mine as described by you. And your carrier is???
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 631
Message 10 of 28

Thank you for posting Jordatchy, as requested could you please confirm your carrier? Also, let us know if you noticed the issue right after the update? Please update your profile with your device IMEI number.

Thanks for reporting and sharing us the screenshots JoseAgustin, may I know if you noticed this right after the update? Did you try contacting your Carrier to see what they say about this? Have you tested with a new SIM card to see if that makes any difference?

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support