Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 162
Message 11 of 14

Re: Moto e5 Play not sending or receiving group messages - mms turned on

Hi Datasource,

The Moto E5 Play uses a stock android messages app. The 3 Dot Icon that I mentioned is located at the top right corner, just on the right of the magnifying glass. If you cannot see the 3 dot icon then send us a screenshot. Make sure also your Messages app is up to date on the Google Play Store. To update your Messages app Go to Apps > "Play Store" > Tap the 3 horizontal lines icon > "My Apps & Games" > "Install" Tab > Messages. Alternatively, you can search for the messages app on the Play Store search bar then it should appear. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Datasource
What's DOS?
Views: 158
Message 12 of 14

Thank you.  Deleting and reinstalling "messages" with all updates, and the proper tree appeared.

MY GENERAL QUESTION, though?  I am 99.99% sure I'm not making this up about settings trees (often) not appearing as Moto Support clearing explains.   "Settings> X > Y > Z"............  I often do not HAVE the Y or Z.

Is this possible, or is most likely case that it's human error on my part?  IF I SEE THIS PROBLEM AGAIN (trees not correct), do what I did on messages and reinstall?

General advice, please.   Thank you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 143
Message 13 of 14

Hi Datasource,

Application updates can cause the messages settings tree to be altered that is why it is necessary for you to update your most used applications. This is also to prevent any issues that you might encounter in the future. If you are having trouble with finding specific settings try visiting our Help Guide on our website. If it happens again try doing the same thing and if it does not work let us know we are happy to help you out.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Datasource
What's DOS?
Views: 134
Message 14 of 14

Thank you.
I will be recommending Moto to my friends based upon the timeliness and clarity of the Motorola Support team.