cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 1 of 11

Moto e5 Plus (Boost Mobile) How to load music on external SDcard that has been formatted to Internal

I have a Moto e5 Plus (Boost Mobile). When I first got the phone, I saw there was a feature where you could format the external SD card to increase the Internal storage. This sounded good to me so I formated my 128GB SD on the phone, which erased all the music on my card...not a problem because it was also stored on my PC.  

However after formatting the card, I attached the phone to my PC using USB cord.  The PC could only see the internal storage (under 32GB) and not the increase of ~ 128GB.  I started dragging the Music Folder to the internal storage but eventually I got the Triangle with the ! inside saying internal storage almost full. Adding photos from PC produces the same problem.

Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this issue? How am I suppossed to add the music this way?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 393
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto e5 Plus (Boost Mobile) How to load music on external SDcard that has been formatted to Inte

Hi Jedijdc777,

Thank you for posting. Currently, we are looking into this and we will need additional information. Can you send us a screenshot of the internal storage memory size on settings? You will need to go to Apps > Settings > Storage and Memory, take a picture of the storage size if it was increased by 128GB.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 387
Message 3 of 11

Re: Moto e5 Plus (Boost Mobile) How to load music on external SDcard that has been formatted to Inte

The Android adoptive Storage system/Internal Memory is flawed IMHO and does not support USB to PC or at least on two Android phones I have(One Moto) it doesn't.

You might be able to transfer via Bluetooth or WiFi.

I've not tested it but you might be able to use USB/OTG cable and put the files on a 2nd SD card/USB Memory stick in the OTG/SD adaptor.I have one but as said not got round to testing it this way.

Another way is to upload your files to cloud storage and then download them to the phone.I have Home WiFi so it's not a problem but if you only have a small data allowance this might not be viable.

HTH Smiley Happy

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 356
Message 4 of 11

Connected to PC via USB cord, showing both internal storage and portable storage of SD Card

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 355
Message 5 of 11

Connected to PC via USB cord after formatting 128GB SD card for internal storage, note it is not showing the 25.2 GB plus the ~128 additional storage.  After dragging and dropping lots of pictures/music, the storage is filled up showing the triangle with the ! in the center.

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 353
Message 6 of 11

After formatting showing Internal shared storage and SD Card is pink for some reason, I guess denoting formatted for internal storage

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 352
Message 7 of 11

Before formatting, storage space of both internal and portable SD Card

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 349
Message 8 of 11

After formatting SD card for internal storage, showing combined storage is 13% used/140 GB free

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 340
Message 9 of 11

@Jedijdc777 wrote:

After formatting SD card for internal storage, showing combined storage is 13% used/140 GB free

Hi Jedijdc777,

Can you tap storage and provide the screenshot showing the internal storage size used and pie chart. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 322
Message 10 of 11

Hi Jedijdc777,

Can try you try migrating your data? You will need to go first to Settings > Storage > Tap on SD Card > Menu (3 dots on top right) > Migrate data > Move. Once the wizard completes then plug it into the computer. They should be able to see the SD card now. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors