Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshHasQuestion
Paper Tape
Views: 314
Message 1 of 2

Moto e5 plus Updates???

Hello I've contacted some people over at Moto already on messenger but they said that I could get more help here so here I go, I own a Moto e5 plus and I'm not gnna lie I am unhappy I wish that the developers at Motorola can push out a small update for not only this device but for others aswell, I believe it should consist of a dark mode, one button navigation, new widgets, and more freedom with how the home screen looks and with the effects of the the home screen when you swipe between pages. I hope someone can get back to me as soon as possible, because I dont want to have to make the decision of working over the summer just to get the OnePlus 7 pro in order to get the features listed above.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 293
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto e5 plus Updates???

@JoshHasQuestion wrote:

Hello I've contacted some people over at Moto already on messenger but they said that I could get more help here so here I go, I own a Moto e5 plus and I'm not gnna lie I am unhappy I wish that the developers at Motorola can push out a small update for not only this device but for others aswell, I believe it should consist of a dark mode, one button navigation, new widgets, and more freedom with how the home screen looks and with the effects of the the home screen when you swipe between pages. I hope someone can get back to me as soon as possible, because I dont want to have to make the decision of working over the summer just to get the OnePlus 7 pro in order to get the features listed above.

The price difference between the E5 and the OnePlus 7 Pro is extreme. The E line is entry level/budget and the One Plus is flagship - so features should be very different. 

No one here knows if or when any updates will come to the E5 - but since the E line generally do not get major updates after release, I doubt you will see the features you mentione, but you can use apps to achieve most things:

1. other launchers will offer my home screen flexibility - Moto uses the same android launcher on most phones, but many people switch to Nova. 

2. Dark mode is something Google has worked on and promised for years. This is part of stock android and google will have to add it. 

3. Widgets are usually part of apps - add apps get new widets, and some apps are just widgets. I don't see how moto could satisfy a generic request for more widgets. Widgets that do what? And if already in the play store, why would Moto do this?

4. One button nav - they have stated before that best experience is with FP readers that support it. I thinke there are app store apps that sort of allow for this. 

You could always look at the G line for a lot less then the One Plus, but if it ships with features that the the G or E doesn't have, then I recommend going with the One Plus. No one here will commit to any new features on any phone. Moto just doesn't make statements regarding future plans that are that specific. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum