Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddAllcock
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 356
Message 21 of 29

Re: Motorola E5 Supra from cricekt wireless SD card issue

Here's the post-reboot screenshot with the changed name. Please advise how to fix this, or let me exchange this device for a model that works!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 314
Message 22 of 29

Hi ToddAllcock,

Thanks for trying. I'll ask around about this. I'll let you know if there are any further things we can try. I'll keep you updated, let me know too if you'll come up with anything. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 287
Message 23 of 29

Hi ToddAllcock,

We appreciate you formatting your SD card through your phone, we also suggest formatting sd card exFAT via computer. Please let us know if you're still seeing the same behavior. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 262
Message 24 of 29

Hello there, I have a Motorola Moto e5 Plus from Boost Mobile (I believe it's the same phone as the E5 Supra but Cricket calls it the Supra and Boost calls it the e5 Plus).  My SD card is having the EXACT same issues as the original poster. I originally had a SanDisk Ultra 128GB micro SD xc. The SD card would request access permission every time my phone was rebooted...either at my manual action or the random reboots that is happening too frequently for my taste in a new device. I have 2 music apps on my device (Poweramp and Blackplayer EX). The library on both would be listed but when searching for a song or pressing a song, it would say no media present on SD Card...Rescan?

This is very unnerving. I assumed the SD card was faulty so I purchased a new one. I purchased a SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 A1 card that was 128GB...similar to the first one but the faster speed that the device recommened if converting the external SD card to internal storage by formatting.  After inserting the new card into the Moto e5 Plus and ejecting it I put it into the adapter and loaded it to my PC to move all my photos and music onto the new card.  Upon inserting it into the e5 Plus I scanned the music into the apps, and gave it all the requested permissions.  I played some music and it worked good.  I manually rebooted the phone and it all started acting like the original poster said.  Requesting permission from the music apps again.  Please help!

ToddAllcock
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 242
Message 25 of 29

That made no difference either. How about we can stop wasting each other's time if I list all the things I've already tried that didn't work:

Formatting card in phone.

Formatting card in PC as either exFAT or NTFS.

Replacing card with a new straight from package SanDisk card.

Formatting new replacement card either in phone or PC.

Taking a working card out of another phone (my X4) and putting it in E5 Plus.

In all cases above, the E5 Plus changes the card name after restart.

There is no magic formatting solution to this issue. There is a bug in the E5 Plus firmware. Fix it, or let me exchange this pig for a phone that works!

Thanks!

-Todd Allcock

Jedijdc777
Fanfold Paper
Views: 215
Message 26 of 29

If you are willing to format the SD card to internal, Agent Zeke helped solve my problem on the below thread. It solved the grant permission after every reboot problem and it's now visible to my PC over USB. 😊 Hope it fixes your phone too.

Jedijdc777

Search for :

Re: Moto e5 Plus (Boost Mobile) How to load music on external SDcard that has been formatted to Internal storage

ToddAllcock
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 209
Message 27 of 29

Sadly, I can't format as internal because that breaks a different set of apps more important to us than those broken by this bug.

Microsoft OneNote will not stay logged in on any device using adoptable storage ("format as internal") regardless of whether you install it to main memory or "internal" SD card, and several media apps (Prime Video, TiVo) occasionally break requiring reinstalling, which wipes out everything you've downloaded to watch offline.

Adoptable storage is a buggy band-aid for Android's terrible file management. I only use it on devices with 16GB internal storage (or less!) where there's clearly no other choice.

At least Samsung had the good sense to use their own file system based on pre-5.0 Android which allows apps to be moved to SD without needing the "format as internal" function.  

Highlighted
skyethur
Punch Card
Views: 206
Message 28 of 29

Yup enough with motorola phones I thought they were great on software since it is almost stock android but a lot of bugs and issues. My moto E5 Supra is still in October patch and stops updating ever since then and I alraedy replaced my original device for same reason so now I am done with motorola Good luck!!.. SD card issue will not gonna fix soon it is how the OS handles it will scan the whole thing every restart.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 183
Message 29 of 29

Hi ToddAllcock,

Thanks for trying the suggestions we provided. I will send another follow up on this. I'll keep you posted. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors