Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rick0059
Paper Tape
Views: 607
Message 1 of 14

Pairing my Moto E5 plus to a Kia K900

I got a Moto E5 plus 2 weeks ago.  I had no problems pairing it to my car - 2017 Kia Cadenza.  This week I got a new 2019 Kia K900.  

I can pair the phone to my car but it will not download any Contacts or History or Media.  My wife has a Moto E4 plus.  That phone pairs perfectly to my car.  There must be some sort of internal setting on the E5 plus which is affecting the connection.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 598
Message 2 of 14

Re: Pairing my Moto E5 plus to a Kia K900

With the car connected to the phone, open BT connections and tap on the gear icon next to your car. Also check settings on the car - both sides have to allow the option. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Rick0059
Paper Tape
Views: 588
Message 3 of 14

The phone appears to pair  to the car.  But all dowloads fail; consequently ther is no History, no Contacts and no Media.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 559
Message 4 of 14

@Rick0059 wrote:

The phone appears to pair  to the car.  But all dowloads fail; consequently ther is no History, no Contacts and no Media.

It sounds like a permissions issue - I haven't seen this before. And you have all those features checked under the gear icon?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Rick0059
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 5 of 14

Yes., I do!
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 521
Message 6 of 14

Hi Rick0059,

Try removing/unpairing all paired Bluetooth devices connected to your phone, do the same with your car. Once done try pairing them back again. Let us know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rick0059
Paper Tape
Views: 514
Message 7 of 14

Called your hot line. They got me to clear Bluetooth data and cache. Pairing went smoothly. Still can't get to media though.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 491
Message 8 of 14

Hi Rick0059,

I appreciate the call you've made. Can you also try the suggestion I provided?  Try removing and unpairing all paired devices from the phone, do the same with your car. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rick0059
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 9 of 14

I had done that several times with no success.  Clearing the data and cache worked.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 440
Message 10 of 14

Hi Rick0059,

I'd like to make sure. Clearing data and cache works for you mean that you're able to sync your phone successfully with your car? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors