Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pcgamer19
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 1 of 8

Popup box when clicking link

Whenever I click an embedded link my E5 plus opens a popup window instead of just opening my browser window and half the time gives me an error telling me my JavaScript is disabled even though it isn't.

Is there a way to disable the pop-up window so the phone just opens the link in a browser window?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 549
Message 2 of 8

Re: Popup box when clicking link

what is MeWe? If it is an app you installed, maybe check with the app developer?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Pcgamer19
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 3 of 8

That was just an example... The problem also happens when I'm in other apps such as Yahoo Mail and even when in the chrome browser.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 526
Message 4 of 8

@Pcgamer19 wrote:

That was just an example... The problem also happens when I'm in other apps such as Yahoo Mail and even when in the chrome browser.

You could try safe mode - that would indicate if it is a setting or an app you installed. Safe mode will allow only built in apps to run - so you would need to test with built in apps which may not help your case. 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

The other option is to try resetting app preferences

settings- apps & notifications - app info - 3 dot menu top right - reset app preferences

If both these fail a reset may be needed. Assuming you have confirmed that Javascript is enabled in your browser. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Pcgamer19
Paper Tape
Views: 505
Message 5 of 8

Yes, I have confirmed that JavaScript is enabled in not only chrome but have also tried it in Firefox and gotten the same result.

It seems to be an issue with the phone not recognizing that JavaScript is enabled randomly.

However, it always gives me the error with certain apps and only randomly with others.

Just got it again from Yahoo mail (photo attached) when trying to click a link to check an order.

Again, I just want to know if there is a way to turn off the popup and default to the browser instead of everything trying to open in that small window or is that a function of the Phone/OS that cannot be changed.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 484
Message 6 of 8

Hi Pcgamer19,

Thanks for the additional info. Let's try this. Open your Chrome app > Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen > Settings > Site Settings and look for Pop-ups and redirects. There will be a switch option to turn it off. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 484
Message 7 of 8

@Pcgamer19 wrote:

Yes, I have confirmed that JavaScript is enabled in not only chrome but have also tried it in Firefox and gotten the same result.

It seems to be an issue with the phone not recognizing that JavaScript is enabled randomly.

However, it always gives me the error with certain apps and only randomly with others.

Just got it again from Yahoo mail (photo attached) when trying to click a link to check an order.

Again, I just want to know if there is a way to turn off the popup and default to the browser instead of everything trying to open in that small window or is that a function of the Phone/OS that cannot be changed.

Hi Pcgamer19,

Thanks for the additional info. Let's try this. Open your Chrome app > Tap on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen > Settings > Site Settings and look for Pop-ups and redirects. There will be a switch option to turn it off. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

danielle129
Paper Tape
Views: 315
Message 8 of 8

I'm having the same issue and tried everything you suggested throughout this thread with no luck. Is there anything else I can try, or does it come down to a factory reset at this point?

Thanks for your time and assistance,

Danielle

Top Kudoed Authors