10-08-2019 10:11 AM
Editing in the app had been working for the past year. As previous it still works in the app on my iPad. I am now switching to Google contacts which appears to be seamless across PC, Android & iPad. Many thanks to all in proposing various solutions👍
I've never had a problem with Google Contacts and gmail etc.I suspect MS support for Android and phones is on the decline since they've stopped making Windows phones.
10-09-2019 08:00 AM
Thanks for posting. We would like to look into this. Are you using an Outlook 365 account? Can you also provide us the steps on how you were able to edit contacts on the Outlook app? Please provide us a screenshot where the "Pencil" icon should be located on the outlook app. Please do blur or remove the images that may contain sensitive data.
There is another way to edit the outlook contacts if it is synced to your contacts app. To sync the phone's contacts you will need to go to Menu (3 horizontal Lines) > Settings (Gear Icon) > Your Account > Sync Contacts. It should show up on your contacts app and you should be able to edit from there.
10-11-2019 05:54 AM
Thanks Zeke - I confirm I am using Office 365 account and there has been no issue during past 12 months. I have attached the following screenshots showing the following steps:
1) Contacts Screenshot Home - Click Outlook App
2) Contacts Screenshot 1 - Click Search Icon middle of taskbar
3) Contacts Screenshot 2 - Click "See All" Contacts
4) Contacts Screenshot 3 - Click on selected Contact
5) Contacts Screenshot 4 - Pencil Icon used to be on right hand side to allow editing. Also there used to be "Read more" underneath the contact to view additional details. All there is now is "Add Contact"
6) iPad Screenshot 1 - I have included this as you can see the option to edit exists when using the Outlook App on Apple
I have now synched as per your second paragraph and contacts are now showing in Phone Contacts. Still odd that functionality disappeared via Outlook App.
Many thanks for your assistance.
10-14-2019 11:51 AM - edited 10-14-2019 11:54 AM
Thank you for providing the steps. We'll look further into it. Were you able to edit the outlook contacts on the contacts app?
10-15-2019 07:21 AM - edited 10-15-2019 07:21 AM
We tested this and we're having issues as well. We will report this and see if we can understand the situation better.
Question - when you edit on your iPad, do the changes show up on your phone and other devices?