Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grnjgn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 1 of 4

Using SD Card Storage

I inserted a new Sandisk  Ultra SD card into my Moto E5 Play. I intended to use it as Internal Storage. 

When I inserted it, it said to format, so I did and followed the screen prompts. I don't know if I did something wrong, or apparently I don't understand what I've read online about how to store pictures, etc. automatically on the SD card, rather than the phone's internal memory.  I see general instructions online, but nothing that looks like the choices I have on the Moto E5 play. 

This is my first smart phone, so I don't know much about how this stuff works.

I'm very frustrated since it sounded like such a simple solution to a low amount of storage on my phone. 

Thanks for any help you can provide with my specific phone. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 96
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using SD Card Storage

Hi grnjgn,

Thanks for posting. Was the SD card already formatted to Internal Storage? If the SD card is already finished with formatting to Internal Storage it should show a pop-up to transfer the files to SD card. If it does not show up after the format, you can transfer apps to the SD card by going to Settings > Apps > select application > Change storage location. For pictures taken using the default camera app, you can set it on the camera settings itself.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

grnjgn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 83
Message 3 of 4

The SD card was brand new. I believe it said to format if I wanted to use it for internal storage so I did that. But I don't remember seeing a pop-up to transfer the files.
After the apps are transferred, if I have to do it by going to settings and changing the storage location, how do I access the apps? Will it still show them on my main screen? I didn't want to change the storage on ANYTHING until I got an answer here. THANK YOU!!
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 81
Message 4 of 4

Hi grnjgn,

Changing the app storage location to the SD card would not change anything on the main screen. You can still access them on the home screen/apps. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support