Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amblyn83
Paper Tape
Views: 646
Message 1 of 3

Volume control button is stuck on media control volume

Hello everyone, I have a Moto E5 Play and for some reason my volume control button is controlling media only. The only way I can control my volume in through the sound settings or the slide down by checking dot not disturb or vibrate only. I can fix it for about 30min by rebooting the phone, but having to do that every 30min is to much of a pain. I've went in and force stopped every app I knew used media (Google music, YouTube, Games, etc), I've cleared out all my browser tabs and I've cleared all notification and open screens and it still didn't work! This is really frustrating!! Any help on this would be much appreciated....I included a screenshot of my phone's operating information. Thank you!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 641
Message 2 of 3

Re: Volume control button is stuck on media control volume

@Amblyn83 wrote:

Hello everyone, I have a Moto E5 Play and for some reason my volume control button is controlling media only. The only way I can control my volume in through the sound settings or the slide down by checking dot not disturb or vibrate only. I can fix it for about 30min by rebooting the phone, but having to do that every 30min is to much of a pain. I've went in and force stopped every app I knew used media (Google music, YouTube, Games, etc), I've cleared out all my browser tabs and I've cleared all notification and open screens and it still didn't work! This is really frustrating!! Any help on this would be much appreciated....I included a screenshot of my phone's operating information. Thank you!!

Have you tested in safe mode - try running that way for more then 30 minutes and see if the problem occurs. 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Amblyn83
Paper Tape
Views: 638
Message 3 of 3

Re: Volume control button is stuck on media control volume

Yes I have and it works fine. I did recently just notice after I posted my first message that I am getting a lot of pop ups for various things (Join FB, Buy Furniture, etc) and it happens when I click on the volume control button, or my home screen button, or clear recent apps, etc at random. I went ahead and installed malware and ran a scan and it said it removed one milicioma app, but as soon as I clicked fix it one popped up. But I'm STILL having the volume control button problem lol....oh what a day

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors