cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DW747
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 1 of 2

When I connect a Jabra wired headset, my Moto E5 Play switches to DND (Do Not Disturb) mode

When I connect the headset, the phone (Moto E5 Play) switches to DND mode. The phone has all the current software updates applied.

The headset is a Jabra Wave - wired (speaker + microphone - with a call answer / hang up button and Tip + 3 Rings on the plug). This headset works great with all the other devices I am using it with, including my Moto G6 phone.

Detailed behavior:

- Plug in the headset, everything seems to works fine;

- Unlock the phone, go to the thome page, everything seems to works fine;

- Open any app, or simply scroll up and down the Apps selection page,a prompt pops up at the top of the display, indicating that the phone is in DND mode and giving me the option to turn DND mode off.

- Tap the (DND) "Turn Off" button, the phone seems to take that action, but after a second the same pop-up shows again.

- The pop-up covers the top third of the display, making the phone essentially unusable until the headset is disconnected.

- Also, for as long as theat pop-up is active, the phone's display backlight stays on continuously, which drains the battery much faster than normal.

The headset is a Jabra Wave - wired (speaker + microphone - with a call answer / hang up button and Tip + 3 Rings on the plug). This headset works great with all the other devices I am using it with, including my Moto G6 phone.

This phone did not come with a "Motorola wired headset", therfore I cannot tell how it would behave if I connected one of those.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 122
Message 2 of 2

Re: When I connect a Jabra wired headset, my Moto E5 Play switches to DND (Do Not Disturb) mode

Hi DW747,

Thank you for reporting, I do not have 'Jabra wired headset' to test. However, let me have one of our team take a look into this to see if they can test.

In the meantime, could you test with other headsets to see if it shows the same behaviour? Also, could you help us with the screenshot of the pop it shows for DND? This will help us investigate further.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943