Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CantPickaName
Paper Tape
Views: 2,925
Message 1 of 4

Wired mirroring for E5 Play

I've been on a journey this week trying to mirror my E5 Play screen to my TV. Miracast is obviously not an option, and I don't have a home WiFi network, so Chromecast is out too.

It's clear I need a wired solution, and it doesn't look like any place in town has one to offer.

Does anyone know what type of adapter I need, or what is most likely to work? I just don't want to have to go through a bunch of Amazon returns the way I've had to go back to Best Buy four times.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,879
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wired mirroring for E5 Play

@CantPickaName wrote:

I've been on a journey this week trying to mirror my E5 Play screen to my TV. Miracast is obviously not an option, and I don't have a home WiFi network, so Chromecast is out too.

It's clear I need a wired solution, and it doesn't look like any place in town has one to offer.

Does anyone know what type of adapter I need, or what is most likely to work? I just don't want to have to go through a bunch of Amazon returns the way I've had to go back to Best Buy four times.

There is no supported mirroring that i know of. There is an HDMI standard called MHL for HDMI over USB, but Moto doesn't support it as it is not part of stock android. 

There are some apps that allow screen mirroring to PC over USB, that may be the best you can do without wifi. 

https://fossbytes.com/android-screen-mirroring-apps-pc/

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Highlighted
CantPickaName
Paper Tape
Views: 2,843
Message 3 of 4

Thanks very much for the reply. That's disappointing, but for a phone in this price range it's hard to complain about it.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,170
Message 4 of 4

ok
Top Kudoed Authors