Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NotoriousHTTP
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 1 of 3

Yellow Triangle on Moto E5 Play

Although she charged it overnight, my wife's E5 Play started showing a yellow triangle with black exclamation point. I did find that exact description in the Moto G4 forum: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus-Moto-G4/How-do-I-get-rid-of-the-yellow-triangle/td.... But there was no conclusive direction to go in. They didn't even resolve whether it was hardware (exhausted battery) or software. 

The main thing they said was that it indicated the battery was low, so recharge it. But owners said that even with a lengthy recharge they were still getting the phone shutting down randomly and other spurious behaviour.

It would be great if there were a knowledge base article detailing how to diagnose and fix the yellow triangle issue. Until then, can someone help us out here? We currently have it plugged in for recharge. I'll post our progress.

Thanks for your help.

NotoriousHTTP
Paper Tape
Views: 971
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yellow Triangle on Moto E5 Play

OK, a big oopsie. Turns out my wife (cause I'm not taking the fall for this), plugged in the phone, but the charger, at the other end of the cable, was not plugged in to the wall.

Since we've fixed this small oversight, the phone charged quite rapidly and booted up without a problem.

Thanks for being there.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 963
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yellow Triangle on Moto E5 Play

@NotoriousHTTP wrote:

OK, a big oopsie. Turns out my wife (cause I'm not taking the fall for this), plugged in the phone, but the charger, at the other end of the cable, was not plugged in to the wall.

Since we've fixed this small oversight, the phone charged quite rapidly and booted up without a problem.

Thanks for being there.

Glad it was an easy fix. Smiley Happy

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors