Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scriptic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,213
Message 1 of 9

black screen

The phone was connected to my pc battery around 90 and the screen just went black .its still on tho force reboot doesnt work tried unplugging and connecting again and like it makes the connecting sound but screen is still black.

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 2,192
Message 2 of 9

Re: black screen

Hi scriptic,

This is not typical. In the unlikely event that your device becomes unresponsive, frozen, blank or black screen, or will not respond to the power button, you can perform a force restart on the device by following these steps: Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence. The forced restart or reboot will not delete any data on your phone.  

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

scriptic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,180
Message 3 of 9

I tried that still black screen , it is rebooting though.

scriptic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,167
Message 4 of 9

update: when i put it on charging now the led is flashing but still black screen and force reboot doesnt help

scriptic
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,164
Message 5 of 9

It somehow got bricked i think.

because when i connect it to the pc the device manager says QHSUSB_BULK

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 2,118
Message 6 of 9

Please try to do a factory data reset: https://support.motorola.com/in/en/products/cell-phones/android-series/moto-e5-plus/tutorials#/devic...

If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service/repair/replacement is next step.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

DoesntMater
What's DOS?
Views: 1,815
Message 7 of 9

Just to note - I'm experiencing the same thing.

Devices' screen went blank, front camera LED is on - but a soft reboot is not an option.

The device had 60%+ charge when this occurred.

I've already reached out to support, but they just gave me the same option to try to soft reboot the device.

Where can I go to proceed with servicing/replacement/repair?
Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 1,738
Message 8 of 9

@DoesntMater wrote:
Just to note - I'm experiencing the same thing.

Devices' screen went blank, front camera LED is on - but a soft reboot is not an option.

The device had 60%+ charge when this occurred.

I've already reached out to support, but they just gave me the same option to try to soft reboot the device.

Where can I go to proceed with servicing/replacement/repair?

We stand by our products. Your phone comes with a one-year manufacturer's warranty from date of purchase, barring any physical or liquid damage. You may check and visit this link for your replacement options: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

tanyacali
What's DOS?
Views: 994
Message 9 of 9

Did anyone ever get this resolved? I'm experiencing the same issue...

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors