Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan1dad
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 1 of 12

bought e5 plus today. it has been a nightmare of crashes for the last 9 hours

My Virgin Moto e5 Plus came today.  This phone is apparently the most termperamental phone ever made. I  have had many crashes and massive frustrations. a few times I had to resort to factory rest and have to manually loading all my phone contacts !!!! 

Once again its crashing. rebooting, screen pixelates, locks up and crashing again. over and over and over again.  

and for some reason this time when I try to use Recovery , its not there. I get a dead android  saying NO COMMAND.  

I have to say I am very disapointed with this phone.  When it does work its very nice.  But it crashes more than it works. 

how do I fix this?  its not even 12 hours old.  

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 417
Message 2 of 12

Re: bought e5 plus today. it has been a nightmare of crashes for the last 9 hours

I suspect the phone might be faulty and require returning but for getting into Recovery to do a better Factory Reset it's a two part operation.

Do as you did before to get into recovery and....

When it shows no commands(Dead Android), press and hold the power button then tap volume up button once. Then release the power button.

Be careful when installing your apps as there could be one that is causing problems.Run the phone for say half an hour doing things before installing anything or letting Google Play Auto-Update and see how it works but Go to Google Play and the 3 bars top-left/Settings/Auto Update Programs and set NEVER.You will still get informed of updates.

If it does go funky after some apps have been installed use Safemode and if it behaves OK in there you know it's a rogue app.

SafemodeSmiley Tongueress Power Button and from the Shutdown menu long press and then choose Safemode.

HTH Smiley Happy

dan1dad
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 3 of 12

Re: bought e5 plus today. it has been a nightmare of crashes for the last 9 hours

so I let it alone over night as I slept, and it worked all day yesterday.  Around 4 am I noticed it was turning on and off again. And its been doing the same as I described before.  Even locking up and pixelating in safe mode .   

I ordered this from Virgin mobile and they have been totally useless with customer service. So if it does needed replacement , is Moto any better at customer service than Virgin  ?  

dan1dad
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 4 of 12

by the way,, power & + button once on No Command opened recovery menu.  I first cleared cashe and it crashed again.  So Im moving on to other options with hope. Factory rest  will be  last.  if that dont work its contact Moto I guess and hope maybe they can replace it asap. or maybe give me a local option for a quick repair or replace. 

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 368
Message 5 of 12

I wish I could help more but I'm just a user like youself and in the UK.As I don't have a warranty(Older Moto G3) I've never had to use one so cannot advise :/

I do however do a Factory Reset several times a year on all my Android phones to keep them fast and problem free.I just consider it a 10,000 mile service for the phones so no biggy in my mind Smiley Happy

dan1dad
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 6 of 12

I am wondering something too

How is one careful in installing aps from google ap store?  they dont appear to say.." will not work with Moto Phones" and I am using apps I had on my last 2 phones.( HTC and LG)  All from google ap store all high ratings and did not see reviews saying their phones crashed.   

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 362
Message 7 of 12

@dan1dad wrote:

I am wondering something too

How is one careful in installing aps from google ap store?  they dont appear to say.." will not work with Moto Phones" and I am using apps I had on my last 2 phones.( HTC and LG)  All from google ap store all high ratings and did not see reviews saying their phones crashed.   

Here's what I would do.Save all your Photos etc and things you need off the phone to your Computer/Laptop and or cloud and then do a Factory Reset but do NOT allow the phone to re-install the apps you normally use e.g start fresh.As the phone restarts after a FR you will be offered these things when it starts up.

Then download the apps you normally use from the Playstore and as you go along if anything starts to play up you'll know there's a rogue app causing a problem.Then it's just a matter of finding an alternative app for the job

You can and should stop the Automatic updates in the Google Playstore in the App>3 Bars top left>Settings and Auto Update apps and set to NEVER.Don't worry you will still get notified of updates for any installed apps and can decide if you want the updates.

dan1dad
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 8 of 12

interesting.  I broke down and went for full wipe to factory mode.  and now the screen is pixelating on the Moto Start up screen  ,  not even making it to Hello Moto screen, and rebooting.. over and over and over again.  

I am really dreading the idea of dealling with a return .  I have a feeling it will be as much of a nightmare as their phone has been.  I hope Im wrong.. but my gut tells me Im not

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 354
Message 9 of 12

It does sound like a hardware fault Smiley Sad

See if you can find a local Moto/Lenovo service point?

dan1dad
Paper Tape
Views: 340
Message 10 of 12

I think your right.   this is as far as it gets, screen gets stripes before it just starts to pixelate and goes into shut down.  and this is after a full factory reset.  several factory rests in fact. FOMOTO.jpgoes right into shuts down again.