Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swarupay
Paper Tape
Views: 4,965
Message 1 of 13

moto e5 plus touch screen not responsing

hardly 1 month old moto e5 plus touch screen not responsing, pls suggest remedies

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,807
Message 2 of 13

Re: moto e5 plus touch screen not responsing

Hi swarupay,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to confirm, are you only experiencing this with a specific app? Is this intermittent? Please elaborate. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

swarupay
Paper Tape
Views: 4,795
Message 3 of 13

Touch screen is not working at all, unable to open any app

initially i was unable to unlock it as i could not enter pattern to unlock as touch was not responsing

then i hard reset it with presssing power and volume down buttons

after factory reset also touch screen is still unresponsive

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,779
Message 4 of 13

Hi swarupay,

Thanks for checking. I appreciate the steps you've tried. I'd like to confirm, did you factory reset the phone without reinstalling any third-party apps? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

swarupay
Paper Tape
Views: 4,768
Message 5 of 13

yes i have factory reset without installing third party app when touch screen became un responsive

and still it is unresponsive

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,733
Message 6 of 13

Hi swarupay,

Thanks for trying. I'm wondering, was the phone dropped or the screen had any physical impact and causes an issue? Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to help us find anything that causes an issue.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

swarupay
Paper Tape
Views: 4,721
Message 7 of 13

Hi, updated my profile

the phone did not fall or screen did not had any impact

I can not chane phone settings as the phone is not operable and not connected to internet

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,711
Message 8 of 13

Hi swarupay,

Thanks for updating your profile. It looks like the phone has not yet been factory reset since you got it. Let's try booting the phone to recovery and perform external reset/factory reset.

Here's the steps:

1. In the first step switch off the device by pressing the Power button for a couple of seconds.
  2. Then hold down Volume Down and Power keys together for a few moments.
  3. When Fastboot Mode appears let go of all buttons.
  4. In this mode choose "Recovery mode" by using Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm that.
  5. When Android Robot pops up click Volume Up + Power button.
  6. Now choose "wipe data/factory reset". Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power key to accept it.
  7. In Recovery Mode select "yes" and press the Power button once.
  8. When Recovery Mode pops up choose "reboot system now" with the Power key.

Let me know we'll be able to boot the phone to recovery mode. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Highlighted
swarupay
Paper Tape
Views: 4,649
Message 9 of 13

Done but no change..

Now I have given the mobile to authorised lenovo service centre in kolkata

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,642
Message 10 of 13

Hi swarupay,

Thanks for trying. It looks like the phone indeed needs a repair.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support