Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

Moto e6 Play screen locking during Voicemail

2020-02-20, 17:49 PM

I recently bought my wife a Moto E6 Play smartphone. When I use Voicemail the proximity sensor doesn't activate and when I remove the phone from my ear the screen is black and the phone goes to sleep. I have to re-power it to see the dial. I can still hear the message. Extremely irritating. Same thing happens when I send a voicemail message - phone goes to sleep and I have to re-power to stop the message. No problem when making phone calls - dial re-appears when I remove phone from my ear. 

All works fine with the E5 Play. Why has it changed, and does it need a bugfix?

Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

903 Signins

22083 Page Views

• Views: 22083
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto e6 Play screen locking during Voicemail

2020-02-20, 20:22 PM

Why has it changed between two different model phones?  Because they may not be running the same version of Android OS, and because Google keeps making changes to the OS, so older versions of apps don't work exactly the same. 

Have you tried booting the new phone into Safe Mode?  That will at least eliminate software conflicts within the 3rd party apps you've loaded on the E6 Play.  To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Options

153 Posts

09-11-2019

United States of America

61 Signins

2735 Page Views

• Views: 2735
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Moto e6 Play screen locking during Voicemail

2020-04-08, 14:52 PM

Hi

Thanks for posting. Do you have a screen protector or case on the phone? For now, we can use the Moto Help Application to diagnose an issue. Run a diagnostic first on Moto Help App > Fix > Hardware Test. To get the most accurate result, we recommend running diagnose tests in Safe Mode. To Enable Safe Mode:

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

While in Safe mode, please check and observe if the same issue persists. 

Best regards, 

Mike 

Motorola Support

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms