Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E6 Plus/ Moto E6S (India)
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

11-17-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

7 Signins

115 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 115
  • Message 1 of 5

Motorola Outrageous Software Update Policy. Needs To Change Urgent!!

2020-11-30, 20:48 PM

Motorola makes some of the best stock android phones and it's always affordable. But one thing which really sucks it's the company update policy. Why can't Motorola change its software update policy? 1 major of OS and 2 years bi monthly security is disappointing. Why can't Moto be more like Nokia delivering on there promises, delivering a big software updates to there loyal customers. This ridiculous policy needs to change urgent. Motorola should guarantee all its entire G series, One series and the edge family with 2 years of major of OS and 3 years monthly security updates that would be better if it changes it policy and I would say that as feedback. Motorola always appreciate its customers feedback, but it looks like it won't listen. It made a U-turn on the edge plus software promise for which Moto would give it 1 but later changes it to 2. To me Motorola seriously needs to start caring about software updates plus it is letting it's customers down when it comes to updates. Everyone loves Motorola phones, but it's software policy is really letting it's customers down because you got so many loyal customers asking on twitter about when there devices will get an update. They say we never provide dates, but you will receive an alert when an update is available. Anyone who cares about software updates please comment this current policy needs to change. 

Answer
Options

5659 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3331 Signins

78681 Page Views

• Views: 78681

Re:Motorola Outrageous Software Update Policy.

2020-12-01, 14:21 PM

@ NN112 wrote:

Motorola makes some of the best stock android phones and it' always affordable. But one thing which really sucks it' the company update policy. Why can' Motorola change its software update policy? 1 major of OS and 2 years bi monthly security is disappointing. Why can' Moto be more like Nokia delivering on there promises, delivering a big software updates to there loyal customers. This ridiculous policy needs to change urgent. Motorola should guarantee all its entire G series, One series and the edge family with 2 years of major of OS and 3 years monthly security updates that would be better if it changes it policy and I would say that as feedback. Motorola always appreciate its customers feedback, but it looks like it won' listen. It made a U-turn on the edge plus software promise for which Moto would give it 1 but later changes it to 2. To me Motorola seriously needs to start caring about software updates plus it is letting it' customers down when it comes to updates. Everyone loves Motorola phones, but it' software policy is really letting it' customers down because you got so many loyal customers asking on twitter about when there devices will get an update. They say we never provide dates, but you will receive an alert when an update is available. Anyone who cares about software updates please comment this current policy needs to change. 

Hello, I know we spoke via PM, but as I said there. I understand it's frustrating and I will pass your feedback along to the proper teams. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Replies(4)
Answer
Options

5659 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3331 Signins

78681 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

2020-12-01, 14:21 PM

@ NN112 wrote:

Motorola makes some of the best stock android phones and it' always affordable. But one thing which really sucks it' the company update policy. Why can' Motorola change its software update policy? 1 major of OS and 2 years bi monthly security is disappointing. Why can' Moto be more like Nokia delivering on there promises, delivering a big software updates to there loyal customers. This ridiculous policy needs to change urgent. Motorola should guarantee all its entire G series, One series and the edge family with 2 years of major of OS and 3 years monthly security updates that would be better if it changes it policy and I would say that as feedback. Motorola always appreciate its customers feedback, but it looks like it won' listen. It made a U-turn on the edge plus software promise for which Moto would give it 1 but later changes it to 2. To me Motorola seriously needs to start caring about software updates plus it is letting it' customers down when it comes to updates. Everyone loves Motorola phones, but it' software policy is really letting it' customers down because you got so many loyal customers asking on twitter about when there devices will get an update. They say we never provide dates, but you will receive an alert when an update is available. Anyone who cares about software updates please comment this current policy needs to change. 

Hello, I know we spoke via PM, but as I said there. I understand it's frustrating and I will pass your feedback along to the proper teams. 

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

11-17-2020

7 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-12-01, 16:44 PM

Hi Tom

If there's any news about the feedback or the change to the software policy, please can you kindly share it here. Thanks 

Options

1 Posts

12-01-2020

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Motorola Outrageous Software Update Policy. Needs To Change Urgent!!

2020-12-01, 17:37 PM

Well said. I bought my moto g9 plus few months ago and it's on android 10 and it will get android 11 but 12 it won't. Even I want the update policy to change aswell. If it doesn't change then I will change my mind on Moto phones and will go back to pixel that's final. So come on Motorola do something now! Change it 

Options

5659 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3331 Signins

78681 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

Re:Motorola Outrageous Software Update Policy. Needs To Change Urgent!!

2020-12-01, 21:36 PM

@ NN112 wrote:

Hi Tom

If there' any news about the feedback or the change to the software policy, please can you kindly share it here. Thanks 

I'll be honest, there likely won't be any immediate changes to our software policy and unlikely to have any changes for current products. Any changes, if they do come, would likely be for future products. 

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)