Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E6 Plus/ Moto E6S (India)
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-20-2020

GB

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 5

Touch screen not responding in phone app after update

2020-11-20, 11:00 AM

Since the most recent security patch the touch screen no longer responds when in a phone call. This means I can't end the call, put on speaker or access number pad. The only way to get out of call is to switch to another app and use the pop up phone buttons. All other apps working correctly.

Solved! See the solution
Options

801 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

297 Signins

7685 Page Views

• Views: 7685
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Touch screen not responding in phone app after update

2020-11-20, 11:13 AM

I would go to the Phone app in Settings/Apps & notifications and force stop it, clear cache and storage, then go to Play Store to update Phone. See if that brings it back to normal.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■ Please search the forum before posting. I do not respond to unsolicited PMs ■ Site Rules: https://tinyurl.com/yxlqjnal ■ Site Advice: https://tinyurl.com/yxchoq72 ■ If you post a question and no-one answers it does not mean no-one is thinking about it ■

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2460 Posts

03-11-2019

US

631 Signins

46375 Page Views

• Views: 46375
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-11-20, 19:06 PM

Hi Paul_J_Morris,

Just to confirm, clearing cache and storage of the phone app fixed your issue?

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

18 Posts

12-02-2019

ES

54 Signins

299 Page Views

• Views: 299
  • Message 4 of 5

Touch screen not responding in phone app after update

2020-11-22, 13:59 PM

It happened to me recently, too, in two terminals Moto E6 Plus. 

When something stops working properly, the first thing to look for are previous changes of any kind.

In my case, two automatic updates from the Play Store preceded the issue:Twitter and RAR.

I installed all pending updates.

I cleared the phone app cache. I forced the arrest.I uninstalled Twitter and RAR. 

I turned off the terminal. I turned it back on. 

The Phone app was already operating

I worked normally, loaded it off, and when I resumed it I reinstalled Twitter and RAR. 

The Phone app continues to work completely well

Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Views: 157735
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-11-25, 20:00 PM

Hi AlanSee,

Thank you for sharing what works for you. It could be the app was adjusting after updates. I would start off by rebooting the phone to refresh the system. Glad it works for you though. Should you need help in the future, please do not hesitate to post, we will be very happy to assist.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete