Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertBob654425
Punch Card
Views: 184
Message 1 of 8

Reply to multiple texts?

When my wife is included in a multiple text and replies her reply goes only to the original text sender. Nobody else can see it.

Is there a way to set it so everyone included in the text can see her reply? If so, what must be done?

Thanks,

Bob Burns

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 150
Message 2 of 8

Re: Reply to multiple texts?

Hi RobertBob654425,

Thanks for posting. Are you using the default messages app? If yes, open the app then go to Settings(which is located by tapping the 3 dots located on the top right side of the screen)> Advanced > Group messaging. Make sure that it is set to "Send an MMS reply to all recipients" (group MMS). Let us know if it helps. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

RobertBob654425
Punch Card
Views: 142
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply.

I'll look into your suggestion, and let you know what happened.

Bob

RobertBob654425
Punch Card
Views: 131
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for posting. Are you using the default messages app? If yes, open the app then go to Settings(which is located by tapping the 3 dots located on the top right side of the screen)> Advanced > Group messaging. Make sure that it is set to "Send an MMS reply to all recipients" (group MMS). Let us know if it helps. 

When I checked the phone the setting you suggested was already in effect.

I'm not sure how my wife uses her phone, but the next time she does I'll try to see exactly is happening.

Thanka again for the reply.

Bob Burns

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 107
Message 5 of 8

Hi RobertBob654425,

Please do give us an update on what you found. Was your wife is using an iPhone as a previous phone? If yes, make sure that the number is not registered in the icloud.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

RobertBob654425
Punch Card
Views: 102
Message 6 of 8

Please do give us an update on what you found. Was your wife is using an iPhone as a previous phone, if yes make sure that the number is not registered in the icloud.

I will do that the next time she gets involved in an multiple text. She has never had an iPhone account.

Bob

RobertBob654425
Punch Card
Views: 49
Message 7 of 8

I am still waiting for her to use her phone. That and other matters are delaying this.

I will let you know .

Thanks,

Bob Burns

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 8 of 8

Hi RobertBob654425,

No worries, please do take your time.   

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors