Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto E PhonesMoto E6S
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

03-25-2020

India

20 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 2

Windows 10 detects all phone's Hotspot except Moto E6s and all devices detect Moto e6s Hotspot except windows 10 pc

2020-12-04, 11:39 AM

I am having problem with my Moto E6s all devices detects my Moto E6s Hotspot except my windows 10 pc and my pc detects all devices Hotspot except my phone 

It's really annoying 

The only way I could connect it through Hotspot is first give pc ethernet connection and then turn it's Hotspot on and then search for that Hotspot in my phone and the turn on my phone's Hotspot then the pc detects it 

I have also installed phoneix os on that pc it detects but windows 10 won't 

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Windows 10 detects all phone's Hotspot except Moto E6s and all devices detect Moto e6s Hotspot except windows 10 pc

2020-12-04, 13:55 PM

This sounds like a Win 10 issue not a phone issue. Don't understand why you want to run PC off a phone's hotspot if you can run PC off ethernet to router.

I guess you must have a good reason to do this.

Try turning off Windows firewall and antivirus - if the PC then sees and connects to the phone hotspot you will have to look into the Windows settings to allow it while still using firewall and antivirus.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms