Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

30 Posts

02-22-2019

India

348 Signins

1394 Page Views

• Views: 1394
  • Message 1 of 6

18 th april Still No Oreo Update For MOTO G4 PlUS

2019-04-18, 16:19 PM

Today is 18 th april still no oreo 8.1 update for Moto G4 plus in India. Nearly 2 months from initial release 

of Update in India ( 21 FEB). 

Firstly 18 th march , a date by which the update expected to given .

Then on 18th march they changed the date to 18 th april as expected date . Now they removed the 18 th April and guess what today is 18 th april and still no signs of update.

I have asked so many times in different Forums , but no one came to give solution. So now i have started new forum.

Moderators  has no time to solve this question.

I am agian asking humbly if any one has a clear idea of the status of update. Give atleast a month as a expected Time by i wiil get a update.

One sr moderator came with solution to update my profile with IMEI no, which i had already updated.

He said to look in to it. Its 1.5 month after that look.

I don't know what happened to you people and Your company. Totally careless for Customer. Totally irrational for even your own words.

Not expected from you.

If any one has still Time to give solution please Give to me Its a humble request.

EDP
Options

16 Posts

04-16-2017

India

52 Signins

306 Page Views

• Views: 306
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: 18 th april Still No Oreo Update For MOTO G4 PlUS

2019-04-19, 12:55 PM

Its fate. We were waiting very eagerly for a long to get it as its our last and final upgradation but they are playing it with their own instincts. They think that its a burden to serve G4Plus customers as they've promised the update earlier. We can do nothing but waiting or forget this crappy one.. That's all.. That's what we can see that how poorly indIan market is responding to Lenovo moto. Nobody recommends this brand now. People already knew about their behavior and after sales support in future just bcoz of this.

All other promised manufacturers kept their words and they've done the same early. Here we are begging for a peace of rotten bread everyday.

Options

30 Posts

02-22-2019

India

348 Signins

1394 Page Views

• Views: 1394
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-04-19, 14:23 PM
I was in to Motorola not for power pack specs which was provided by Rival Xiaomi with lower price tag. More powerful Processor , higher capacity Battery. The only one thing i didn't like about Xiaomi was MiUi software and software updates. That time Motorola was pioneer in software updates with near stock Android.
I was in Motorola for stock Software and speedy updates only.
Now time has changed and Both Xiaomi and Motorola/ lenevo have changed Drastically.
Xiaomi has kept their higher powerful hardware/specs and guess what they improved their biggest weak point - software and updates. Look at their Redmi series and their software
( although with ads )and Mi A series with stock. Even they are providing Special features like Game Mode/ Turbo mode for gaming that is found on higher end smartphones. Even oppo and vivo has done that. Their phones are Camera 2 API enabled so one can use extraordinary and Revolutionary G-CAM( google camera) with Night site.
Even they are now providing Updates Regular and If not quick than at regular intervals.

On other hand Motorola has deteriorate themselves. The company which was popular for their software and swift updates has now became The WORST in the market.
Only phone which was impressive was moto One power. Other than that Moto G series has became bad to worst to thrash. How can we recommend Moto to others.
You lenevo/ moto people don't know the current Mobile market condition of india.
Poco, Redmi, Zenphone ,oppo , vivo , Reno and now even SAMSUNG grabbing the Market like a boss.
I still Wish better for moto to come stronger with G8 series. I hope U will learn from mistakes and get better and will become one once you were famous for.
EDP
Options

2019-04-21, 6:12 AM
Still now no Oreo update for my device too very disappointed with Lenovo owned Motorola
Options

21 Posts

07-29-2015

India

56 Signins

580 Page Views

• Views: 580
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-06-08, 19:27 PM

And the best thing here is that no one is willing to reply or at least give some clarification on this so called "Oreo" update this company only knows how to fool the customers and believe me they are doing a very good job with that . 

Options

16 Posts

04-16-2017

India

52 Signins

306 Page Views

• Views: 306
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-06-09, 12:45 PM

They know how to fool the customers as, if they haven't initiated the process then the customers will start barking, arguing and scolding so that's why they've already promised the Oreo update initiated but ended the quote unclear that its a staged process. What's the point in that? After that no moderators came here to open their mouth. Its June 2019, lastly they promised 18th of April n that's gone, its 3 months. They are the real boasters and they knew that no G4 customers are worth now. I think they are meeting every G4 plus customers and update their mobile word wide. Real cheaters we've ever had.

See, when forums filled with lots of comments and talks about this they will come and says we didn't promise any date, we didn't oblige to everybody, we didn't we didn't we don't, that means we have to obey and believe them what the boasting will be. Really fed up with these crooked teams.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms