Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

PH

534 Signins

43792 Page Views

• Views: 43792
  • Message 11 of 50

Re: Battery Drainage After Nougat Update.

2017-01-02, 14:20 PM

wrote:

I suppose I'm the only one facing this issue in Moto G4 Plus since nobody raised this issue except me :( 

Motorola have to fix this ASAP.

wrote:

That's the norm for Nougat. I don't know why people are so eager to get it... IMO 7.0 it's a failed Google attempt, 7.1 fixed some of the issues.

Hi meetrahulverma,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Views: 606
  • Message 12 of 50

2017-01-02, 14:25 PM

I've updated my profile along with IMEI. Please fix this as soon as possible.

_Jess wrote:

wrote:

I suppose I'm the only one facing this issue in Moto G4 Plus since nobody raised this issue except me :( 

Motorola have to fix this ASAP.

wrote:

That's the norm for Nougat. I don't know why people are so eager to get it... IMO 7.0 it's a failed Google attempt, 7.1 fixed some of the issues.

Hi meetrahulverma,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

59 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

65 Signins

1386 Page Views

• Views: 1386
  • Message 13 of 50

2017-01-02, 15:06 PM

Urgh, that's a nasty bug to fix if you don't wish to root... Google, why?? And having to wait for 7.1 to fix it, ouch...

The biggest headache seems to be for a lot of users, Nougat is running okay and yet for others it's having all these issues :( Fingers crossed 7.1 or 7.1.1 will arrive soon.

Something that might be helpful for diagnosis comes from Chahk on the Reddit Nexus forums:https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/4zeb0i/psa_android_nougat_has_massive_battery_problems/

QUOTE:Assuming you are fully stock and not rooted:

Install Wakelock Detector Lite [from Google Play store], connect the phone to your PC and issue the following commands (you'll need the USB Drivers, and Developer Options enabled):

adb tcpip 5555
adb shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

Now open the app and check the top culprits. Tap on the individual items to expand, and see which specific wakelocks are taking up the most time. This should narrow it down quite a bit more than the built-in Battery screens.

END QUOTE

It'll probably point to the wakelock that Sonic mentioned, but I'm not sure how to fix wakelocks without rooting and editing the build.prop (and having a backup/custom recovery just in case)

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 14 of 50

2017-01-02, 15:25 PM

wrote:

Urgh, that's a nasty bug to fix if you don't wish to root... Google, why?? And having to wait for 7.1 to fix it, ouch...

The biggest headache seems to be for a lot of users, Nougat is running okay and yet for others it's having all these issues :( Fingers crossed 7.1 or 7.1.1 will arrive soon.

Something that might be helpful for diagnosis comes from Chahk on the Reddit Nexus forums:https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/4zeb0i/psa_android_nougat_has_massive_battery_problems/

Install Wakelock Detector Lite [from Google Play store], connect the phone to your PC and issue the following commands (you'll need the USB Drivers, and Developer Options enabled):

adb tcpip 5555
adb shell pm grant com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector.noroot android.permission.BATTERY_STATS

Now open the app and check the top culprits. Tap on the individual items to expand, and see which specific wakelocks are taking up the most time. This should narrow it down quite a bit more than the built-in Battery screens.

END QUOTE

It'll probably point to the wakelock that Sonic mentioned, but I'm not sure how to fix wakelocks without rooting and editing the build.prop (and having a backup/custom recovery just in case)

I read the Reddit forum suggested by you. People have stated that Android OS is consuming battery and their screenshot shows the same. But my device doesn't show the android OS consuming battery. Even total battery depletion ( Screen + mobile stand by + etc.) shown by the Screen is excessively less than the actual battery depletion.
Motorola should provide an option to downgrade like Asus. :(

Options

59 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

65 Signins

1386 Page Views

• Views: 1386
  • Message 15 of 50

2017-01-02, 16:30 PM
True - Android OS is a big hint something is up. Still, could be worth running that app I mentioned and seeing if there's any more detail to help you find out what's causing the battery drain.
Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 16 of 50

2017-01-02, 17:11 PM

wrote:
True - Android OS is a big hint something is up. Still, could be worth running that app I mentioned and seeing if there's any more detail to help you find out what's causing the battery drain.

I'll surely try it.

Options

28 Posts

12-29-2016

US

98 Signins

983 Page Views

• Views: 983
  • Message 17 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:02 PM
Out of interest, did you install the update and continue using your device as usual or did you factory reset after?
Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

PH

534 Signins

43792 Page Views

• Views: 43792
  • Message 18 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:03 PM

wrote:

wrote:

adb tcpip 5555

END QUOTE

I read the Reddit forum suggested by you. People have stated that Android OS is consuming battery and their screenshot shows the same. But my device doesn't show the android OS consuming battery. Even total battery depletion ( Screen + mobile stand by + etc.) shown by the Screen is excessively less than the actual battery depletion.

Hi meetrahulverma,

That's surprising that I've seen colorful apps based on the serial number of your device. Meaning, there are lots of apps crashing which consume much of your battery. The more apps crashing, the more it consumes much battery which makes your device's battery drains fast. Battery drain is normal after updating your device from a major update as updating your device eats too much battery for the update to be successful. I suggest doing a factory reset with Automatic Restore disabled. Do not install/restore apps yet just to observe if battery will still drains fast.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 19 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:06 PM

I

wrote:
Out of interest, did you install the update and continue using your device as usual or did you factory reset after?

continue using device after update and found this problem. Then i tried safe mode and it was still there. Then i did factory reset but still facing the problem. When screen is off battery don't drain but when i use the phone it drain too fast.

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 20 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:10 PM

_Jess wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

adb tcpip 5555

END QUOTE

Hi meetrahulverma,

That's surprising that I've seen colorful apps based on the serial number of your device. Meaning, there are lots of apps crashing which consume much of your battery. The more apps crashing, the more it consumes much battery which makes your device's battery drains fast. Battery drain is normal after updating your device from a major update as updating your device eats too much battery for the update to be successful. I suggest doing a factory reset with Automatic Restore disabled. Do not install/restore apps yet just to observe if battery will still drains fast.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

I'll reset the phone again and observe the complete cycle with zero 3rd party app. Can you tell me what's the normal SOT i should get on Moto G4 Plus?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete