Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

PH

533 Signins

43787 Page Views

• Views: 43787
  • Message 21 of 50

Re: Battery Drainage After Nougat Update.

2017-01-02, 18:15 PM

wrote:

I

wrote:
Out of interest, did you install the update and continue using your device as usual or did you factory reset after?

continue using device after update and found this problem. Then i tried safe mode and it was still there. Then i did factory reset but still facing the problem. When screen is off battery don't drain but when i use the phone it drain too fast.

Hi meetrahulverma,

There are factors, settings which may need to be considered in order for us to know which one is causing the device to drain fast. If your screen brightness is too high, GPS/location on, wifi/data is on, and there are apps running in the background are those things that eat much of the battery even if you are not using the phone, still it needs the power to process. Not using the phone doesn't always mean that it doesn't consume battery, even if you are not using the phone, but there are apps running in the background, still, it needs some power from your battery which makes it drains fast.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Views: 606
  • Message 22 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:25 PM

_Jess wrote:

wrote:

I

wrote:
Out of interest, did you install the update and continue using your device as usual or did you factory reset after?

continue using device after update and found this problem. Then i tried safe mode and it was still there. Then i did factory reset but still facing the problem. When screen is off battery don't drain but when i use the phone it drain too fast.

Hi meetrahulverma,

There are factors, settings which may need to be considered in order for us to know which one is causing the device to drain fast. If your screen brightness is too high, GPS/location on, wifi/data is on, and there are apps running in the background are those things that eat much of the battery even if you are not using the phone, still it needs the power to process. Not using the phone doesn't always mean that it doesn't consume battery, even if you are not using the phone, but there are apps running in the background, still, it needs some power from your battery which makes it drains fast.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

My GPS location is always off. I always hibernate almost all of the 3rd party apps with greenify. I've only installed few necessary apps on Nougat but battery is draining with double speed than MM even though i had 3 times more apps in MM. I think 7.0 is not stable since a lot no. of users are complaining about different problems.Motorola should provide 7.1 ASAP.

Options

59 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

65 Signins

1386 Page Views

• Views: 1386
  • Message 23 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:32 PM

Are those 3rd party apps or the ones you've installed with Nougat compatible with Greenify, as in do they hibernate properly and do not wake unless specifically woken?

What happens to your battery if you completely uninstall Greenify?

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 24 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:35 PM

Yes, they are compatible. When hibernated they don't get awake usually but even if they get awake by system( rarely happens), i do get a notification and i hibernate them again.

wrote:
Are those 3rd party apps or the ones you've installed with Nougat compatible with Greenify, as in do they hibernate properly and do not wake unless specifically woken?

Options

28 Posts

12-29-2016

US

98 Signins

983 Page Views

• Views: 983
  • Message 25 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:36 PM

My GPS location is always off. I always hibernate almost all of the 3rd party apps with greenify. I've only installed few necessary apps on Nougat but battery is draining with double speed than MM even though i had 3 times more apps in MM. I think 7.0 is not stable since a lot no. of users are complaining about different problems.Motorola should provide 7.1 ASAP.

Since M, Doze negates the use of Greenify. Even more so in N. It is strange some users are seeing significant battery drain and others not, but it is difficult to diagnose with so many variables. I'd certainly do what Jess recommended. Reset without restoring and leave the device to settle. Gives you a baseline to work with.

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 26 of 50

2017-01-02, 18:40 PM

That's a bug in 7.0 . Even Nexus devices faced that issue in 7.0 update too but Google fixed that in 7.1 . I've done reset and then i used the phone with no 3rd party app for 1-2 hour and battery was still draining. I'll observe complete cycle too with no 3rd party app too.

wrote:

Since M, Doze negates the use of Greenify. Even more so in N. It is strange some users are seeing significant battery drain and others not, but it is difficult to diagnose with so many variables. I'd certainly do what Jess recommended. Reset without restoring and leave the device to settle. Gives you a baseline to work with.

Options

19232 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Views: 58302
  • Message 27 of 50

2017-01-03, 15:48 PM

We are not convinced there is a bug. This looks like an app issue -- it looks like you are loading some software that is not built for Moto phones.

I think to get a good handle on this you need to stop using Greenify or any other power management tool. It just introduces too many variables. (For example, maybe Greenify isn't updated to manage N correctly?)

The earlier suggestion of an FDR with no restore is a good one. 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

01-04-2017

IN

2 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 28 of 50

2017-01-04, 8:26 AM

I dont use greenify, nor any other 3rd party app for battery. No software I have installed other than messaging and image editing. I like to keep my software clean and much close to STOCK.

I have also tried Factory Reset with automatic restore turned off.

But it seems it hasnt worked and battery continues to drain much faster in 7.0N update.
I need you to take close look at this and solve this problem asap.
Thanks.

Options

2 Posts

01-04-2017

IN

2 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 29 of 50

2017-01-04, 8:29 AM

I do not use greenify, nor any other 3rd party app for battery. No software I have installed other than messaging and image editing. I like to keep my software clean and much close to STOCK.

I have also tried Factory Reset with automatic restore turned off.

But it seems it has not worked and battery continues to drain much faster in 7.0N update.
I need you to take close look at this and solve this problem asap.
Thanks.

Options

5 Posts

01-04-2017

IN

6 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 30 of 50

2017-01-04, 11:44 AM

This is for lenovo and Google Team only.

**bleep**ing idiots release without testing Android 7.0. Their one of feature is Batter performance. Is It really added in Android 7.0 or you just **bleep**ing your users IDIOTS. Without using any app or even touching the mobile battery getting drain within 4 hours. When you use mobile its battery drain in 2 hours **bleep**ers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete