Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

Re: Battery Drainage After Nougat Update.

2017-01-04, 12:13 PM

The only thing i am facing after 7 update is "2G Mode from the network mode" is removed.

But about battery backup its better than Marshmallow.

I am getting more screen on time than before.

Wifi and Bluetooth Scanning off

GPS off

Brightness as much low as possible 

Screen sleep time should be lower etc.

And you are done.

Bdw do clear cache partition and factory reset is must by visiting recovery mode after update

Options

28 Posts

12-29-2016

US

98 Signins

983 Page Views

• Views: 983
  • Message 32 of 50

2017-01-04, 12:14 PM

wrote:

This is for lenovo and Google Team only.

**bleep**ing idiots release without testing Android 7.0. Their one of feature is Batter performance. Is It really added in Android 7.0 or you just **bleep**ing your users IDIOTS. Without using any app or even touching the mobile battery getting drain within 4 hours. When you use mobile its battery drain in 2 hours **bleep**ers.

I'd watch your language if I were you. You can be assured that Google did thoroughly test the initial N release with internal and pubic testing. Motorola will similarly do the same for their devices. Major issues in Android are fixed quickly with incremental point updates, but it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to build and push out these fixes and unfortunately testing does take time. Hardware faults and end user usage may result in issues, but they're generally few and far between.

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Views: 606
  • Message 33 of 50

2017-01-04, 12:17 PM

wrote:

We are not convinced there is a bug. This looks like an app issue -- it looks like you are loading some software that is not built for Moto phones.

I think to get a good handle on this you need to stop using Greenify or any other power management tool. It just introduces too many variables. (For example, maybe Greenify isn't updated to manage N correctly?)

The earlier suggestion of an FDR with no restore is a good one. 

Screenshot taken after factory reset with no third party app installed. PS: This is the third time your team made me reset my phone.

More screenshots will be added after a complete cycle.

Options

59 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

65 Signins

1386 Page Views

• Views: 1386
  • Message 34 of 50

2017-01-04, 16:14 PM

It's hard to tell at the moment if it's 2 hours battery due to a genuine issue or because something is downloading and updated (looks like Google Play); is it just updating GMail, Chrome etc?

Can you show us screenshots of your apps too please?

For curiousity's sake, I've included my battery life after upgrading to 7.0, wiping data and cache before rebooting. Phone came off Turbo charging at 12.00 UTC (about 4 am forum time ) today

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 35 of 50

2017-01-04, 16:20 PM

There's still faster battery drainage in Nougat than MM. While having some gaming, photo capturing, songs and videos etc MM used to give SOT of between 6-7 hour and now in Nougat even after  reset without installing any 3rd party app , as you recommended, it is lasting only for 4 hour and some minutes. At 0% it will be around 5 hour SOT max which is 2 hour lesser than MM. That's a bug in 7.0.  Please do solve this problem by providing further update ASAP. 

I'm already facing screen burning issue which is a manufacturing fault but both Motorola and Amazon are refusing to replace the phone.

Be responsible and don't spoil the name of such a reputed company Motorola.

Your solutions are useless. Nexus faced battery drainage issue in 7.0 too. It's a well known bug and can only be fixed through 7.1 update. 

Don't break our trust. We love Motorola that's why we purchased this device even though it's owned by Chinese company Lenovo. 

Please fix this issue ASAP. I can't use my device without installing 3rd party app forever.

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 36 of 50

2017-01-04, 16:23 PM

wrote:

It's hard to tell at the moment if it's 2 hours battery due to a genuine issue or because something is downloading and updated (looks like Google Play); is it just updating GMail, Chrome etc?

Can you show us screenshots of your apps too please?

For curiousity's sake, I've included my battery life after upgrading to 7.0, wiping data and cache before rebooting. Phone came off Turbo charging at 12.00 today

I'm not that stupid to waste my time here by creating fake problems.

Here are screenshots of apps installed.

Options

28 Posts

12-29-2016

US

98 Signins

983 Page Views

• Views: 983
  • Message 37 of 50

2017-01-04, 17:17 PM

If you reset your phone and just leave it be overnight, are the battery stats similar? If so, I'd get an authorized service center to check over your battery.

But four hours SOT with a patchy LTE signal is pretty decent in my opinion. Judging by the screenshots, you don't appear to be doing anything, but the screen is on, so the device is not idle. Doze will not kick in, networking will be continually active and the processor will not enter deep sleep.

Options

39 Posts

12-31-2016

IN

67 Signins

606 Page Views

• Message 38 of 50

2017-01-04, 18:39 PM

wrote:

If you reset your phone and just leave it be overnight, are the battery stats similar? If so, I'd get an authorized service center to check over your battery.

But four hours SOT with a patchy LTE signal is pretty decent in my opinion. Judging by the screenshots, you don't appear to be doing anything, but the screen is on, so the device is not idle. Doze will not kick in, networking will be continually active and the processor will not enter deep sleep.

So according to you, 'Patchy LTE' is the reason for battery drainage. But similar patchy LTE wasn't draining battery in MM. If MM can give 7 hour SOT with a lot of 3rd party apps  then Nougat supposed to give more than that. But the battery is dying 2-3 hours earlier than MM even with no 3rd party app installed and no gaming. But you think it's decent. 

Options

5 Posts

01-04-2017

IN

6 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 39 of 50

2017-01-05, 14:08 PM

Even i am facing same issue. Android 7.0 team **bleep**ing android users who upgrade from 6 to 7. without using any app battery getting drain. going to reset my mobile. its the only option we have. android team takes more time to fix this issue, we can not wait for long...

Options

3 Posts

01-07-2017

IN

1 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 40 of 50

2017-01-07, 0:21 AM

I have the same issues after updating to Nougat,Horrible phone,im having screen burn issues,No 2G option for my second SIM slot,signal drop,ghost touch,Slow charging issues,I'm deeply disappointed buying this phone as I had huge expectations

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete