08-25-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 6

Camera Issue

2018-08-25, 22:12 PM

I have a moto G4 and I have recently come across an issue with my camera/video and everything linked to it. Any time I open my camera, the entire screen flashes black for a few moments and then reapears, as if reseting the camera. This prevents me from using my camera and if I were to take a photo right before the black screen, it seems to disapear. This issue also carries over into apps in which the camera is involved, such as Snapchat. Any time I try to view a snapchat someone has sent me, the screen goes black as well and sends me out to the initial camera screen. I also have trouble viewing any videos because they will also go black and pause the video I am attempting to watch. Does anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this? 

(I also recently have been getting pop up ads on my phone, and I worry this may be playing a part in this issue?)

Thank you in advance!

Nicole

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Camera Issue

2018-08-28, 10:44 AM

wrote:

I have a moto G4 and I have recently come across an issue with my camera/video and everything linked to it. Any time I open my camera, the entire screen flashes black for a few moments and then reapears, as if reseting the camera. This prevents me from using my camera and if I were to take a photo right before the black screen, it seems to disapear. This issue also carries over into apps in which the camera is involved, such as Snapchat. Any time I try to view a snapchat someone has sent me, the screen goes black as well and sends me out to the initial camera screen. I also have trouble viewing any videos because they will also go black and pause the video I am attempting to watch. Does anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this? 

(I also recently have been getting pop up ads on my phone, and I worry this may be playing a part in this issue?)

Thank you in advance!

Nicole

Hello NicoleAR,

Thank you for reporting, this is odd. Please perform clear cache on your device and test the camera in safe mode. Let us know how it goes? 

• May I know if you are using an SD card on your device?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

5 Posts

08-25-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2018-08-29, 20:56 PM

Thank you for getting back to me!

I've cleared the cache and the issue is still occuring. However, I am unsure as to how I can boot it in safe mode. I tired to follow this, but found no "Reboot to Safe Mode". I might be doing something wrong in the steps though. 

I have no SD card in my phone.

I believe that I have updated with my correct IMEI now. Please let me know if it isn't showing up still. 

Yes, you can see what apps I have to see if they might be causing the issue. 

It seems like my Motorola Privacy is activated on my phone. 

Nicole Rado

Options

5 Posts

08-25-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2018-08-29, 20:59 PM
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-08-30, 9:11 AM

Hello NicoleAR,

Thank you for replying and updating your profile. Yes, the steps are correct for the safe mode, may I know if it made any difference? It looks like the IMEI you have updated on your profile is incorrect. Please update again and let us know.

Regarding the camera error, could you confirm if the camera app version is updated to the latest version on play store? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

5 Posts

08-25-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-08-30, 21:41 PM

I got safe mode to work this time! The camera does not apear to be flickering or glitching while in safe mode. 

I re-updated my IMEI, I acidently doubled a number. 

Yes the camera appears to be up to date.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms