Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-31-2016

India

9 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 1 of 3

Can those MOTO G4 and MOTO G4 Plus users expect Official OTA update who installed Probably soak test

2016-10-31, 18:50 PM

I am sorry to start the new topic but only one question Remains.

Can those MOTO G4 and MOTO G4 Plus users expect for moto official updates if the Nougat version they have on their Phone is SOAK TEST version.Which maybe they installed because of their fault or because of the rumours.

Answer
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947

Re: Can those MOTO G4 and MOTO G4 Plus users expect Official OTA update who installed Probably soak

2016-10-31, 18:59 PM

If they took themselves off of the upgrade path, no, they will not get an OTA.

If they changed anything at all on the phone and it isn't 100% stock, no, they will not get an OTA.

What you really should tell your viewers is that the only place to get a manufacturer's update is directly from the manufacturer.  The software they loaded was illegally posted.  If they want to mod, Moto will unlock the bootloader for them, and from there, they should look to CM or another developer with a good reputation.  Loading a hijacked build is risky business.

Their warranties are void, and they're pretty much on their own.

Closing thread.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Can those MOTO G4 and MOTO G4 Plus users expect Official OTA update who installed Probably soak

2016-10-31, 18:59 PM

If they took themselves off of the upgrade path, no, they will not get an OTA.

If they changed anything at all on the phone and it isn't 100% stock, no, they will not get an OTA.

What you really should tell your viewers is that the only place to get a manufacturer's update is directly from the manufacturer.  The software they loaded was illegally posted.  If they want to mod, Moto will unlock the bootloader for them, and from there, they should look to CM or another developer with a good reputation.  Loading a hijacked build is risky business.

Their warranties are void, and they're pretty much on their own.

Closing thread.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 3 of 3

2016-10-31, 19:04 PM

I will clarify that it is to early to say for sure, but based on past experiences, if someone did install pre-releas software, they will be stuck sideloading until finally on official software.

In the past, official OTA keeps track of the allowed upgrade path. So only users on official Android M builds will get official OTA of N. If someone has installed some test build of N, they will not get the OTA of N. 

If you are active on XDA, you will see much of this posted. Moto reps have been letting users know in the threads that already exist on the XDA G4 forums. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms