05-31-2016

IN

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Views: 525
  • Message 1 of 24

Device restarts sometimes

2016-05-31, 11:50 AM

My device not restarts regularly but sometime i found that it restart. I also contact with Motorola online support team. They advice me to run the phone in safe mode & after some time install 3rd party apps one by one to find which app causes the issue. But at that troubleshooting time nothing has found & the device reacted normally. But last couple of day I found phone restarts once in a day.

Please suggest is this any hardware related issue?? Shall I change the device??

quick response is highly appreciated

Options

Re: Device restarts sometimes

2016-05-31, 12:24 PM

wrote:

My device not restarts regularly but sometime i found that it restart. I also contact with Motorola online support team. They advice me to run the phone in safe mode & after some time install 3rd party apps one by one to find which app causes the issue. But at that troubleshooting time nothing has found & the device reacted normally. But last couple of day I found phone restarts once in a day.

That at first doesn't looks hardware issue!!

If after safe reboot and then normal boot- phone worked fine until all apps were restored, its likely not a hardware issue but mostly a third party app is causing it.

Can you post battery stats screenshot?

Do you have any Optimization app installed or Apk intsalled manually?

Thankyou

-zeal

Options

19211 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2358 Signins

58187 Page Views

• Views: 58187
  • Message 3 of 24

2016-05-31, 15:03 PM

wrote:

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

17 Posts

05-31-2016

IN

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Message 4 of 24

2016-06-01, 4:23 AM

Hi,

As required Please find the follwoing details:

Current phone: Moto G4 Plus

Carrier: Vodafone IN & airtel

Serial No : SJUG7733AA

The Motorola privacy settings is ON .

Kindly do the needful ASAP.

Options

17 Posts

05-31-2016

IN

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Message 5 of 24

2016-06-01, 4:46 AM
Hi,

Please find the bolow commnents as you required:

Can you post battery stats screenshot? - PFA
Do you have any Optimization app installed or Apk intsalled manually? -No

Please do the needful and reply ASAP.

Options

2016-06-01, 9:29 AM

wrote:
Hi,

Please find the bolow commnents as you required:

Can you post battery stats screenshot? - PFA
Do you have any Optimization app installed or Apk intsalled manually? -No

Please do the needful and reply ASAP.

I do not have access to the data collected through Motorola Device, So I can't dive deeper into your problem.

Good thing is ,now you have posted your device details/Updated Profile and turned on Motorola Data Collection(I hope) in your device, Moto team can have a look at data collected and hence try to solve the problem.

Now until they do: 
Read this, It might help you out.

Cause #1 – Bad Apps
In most cases, random restarts are caused by a poor quality app. Try uninstalling apps you don’t use. Be sure the apps you do use are reliable, especially the apps that handle email or text messaging. My wife recently discovered her Galaxy S5 would restart sometimes when receiving a text message. Switching from the Verizon Messaging app to Hangouts for text messaging fixed that issue.

You may also have an app running in the background that is causing the Android to randomly restart. When a background app is the suspected cause, try the following, preferably in the order listed:

Uninstall apps you don’t necessarily need.
This goes especially for any apps that control sound, ringtones, wallpaper, have fancy widgets, or use GPS.
Ensure all apps are on the latest version. Upgrade everything you have from the Play Store by going to “Menu” > “Settings” > “My Apps“.
Uninstall apps that run in the background. From a fresh restart, go to “Settings” > “More…” > “Applications” > “Running“. If you see anything listed you can live without, uninstall it.
If you cannot uninstall it, freeze the app if possible.
Check Permission granted to apps, and deny the permission which are not required by the app to function smoothly.

Cause #2 – System Apps Are Disabled

Did you play around with disabling Android apps? If you went too far and disabled apps that are required to run the Android OS, it may be causing your restarting issue. Have a look under “Settings” > “Applications” and swipe over to the list of apps that are “Turned Off” or “Disabled” and enable any apps that may be needed for your device to function properly.

Cause #3 – Overheating

Many Android devices are designed to shut off automatically if they become too hot. If you have your device out on a 100 degree day while trying to use 4G, GPS, and the screen is set to the brightest setting, it might restart itself or shut down. Try to take it easy and maybe disable features you don’t need.

Overheating shutdowns shouldn’t be a regular problem though. If your device is overheating regularly, contact the retailer or manufacturer about it- There is a thread already running for Overheating Issues.

Thankyou

-zeal

P.S. I am not on Lenovo/Motorola Payroll:smileywink:

Options

17 Posts

05-31-2016

IN

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Message 7 of 24

2016-06-01, 16:42 PM

Hi Matt & Team,

As you required I updated the informations Kindly do the needful as the device restarts twice a day automatically.

Is it possible to find any event logs from where we can troubleshoot why and which app causes this issue.

Please reply ASAP , waiting for you quick responce 

Options

17 Posts

05-31-2016

IN

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Message 8 of 24

2016-06-01, 16:50 PM

Is there any tool/app/process by which we can find the logs of this device??

Options

19211 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2358 Signins

58187 Page Views

• Views: 58187
  • Message 9 of 24

2016-06-02, 13:45 PM

wrote:

Hi Matt & Team,

As you required I updated the informations Kindly do the needful as the device restarts twice a day automatically.

Is it possible to find any event logs from where we can troubleshoot why and which app causes this issue.

Please reply ASAP , waiting for you quick responce 

I am not getting a hit on this serial number. Can you please double-check to make sure it's correct? What is the IMEI for the device?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

17 Posts

05-31-2016

IN

50 Signins

525 Page Views

• Message 10 of 24

2016-06-03, 4:09 AM

Dear Matt & Team,

As required please find the below detail:

IMIE 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete