10-23-2016

India

48 Signins

649 Page Views

• Views: 649
  • Message 1 of 10

Disorder in notification bar when VPN turned on

2017-07-12, 7:13 AM

After updating to Android Nougat, I've been observing a disorder in the notification bar whenever VPN is turned on. Thurs doesn't happen every time, rather it's very random. Is it a flaw in the OS? I've uploaded the screen shot of it below.

Ved
Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Disorder in notification bar when VPN turned on

2017-07-12, 15:22 PM

wrote:

After updating to Android Nougat, I've been observing a disorder in the notification bar whenever VPN is turned on. Thurs doesn't happen every time, rather it's very random. Is it a flaw in the OS? I've uploaded the screen shot of it below.

Hi Ved004,

It's always recommended to clear phone's cache partition after a major update. Can you follow the steps here and let us know what happens after?

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

19 Posts

10-23-2016

India

48 Signins

649 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2017-07-12, 18:39 PM

I've wiped the cache partition a couple times. Also done a full reset. The problem persists

Ved
Options

19 Posts

10-23-2016

India

48 Signins

649 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2017-07-19, 15:47 PM

Hey,

It's been a while. Please update the status...

Ved
Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 5 of 10

2017-07-19, 18:44 PM

wrote:

Hey,

It's been a while. Please update the status...

Hello Ved. When you did the rest, have you tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps (aside from the VPN app)?  -JM

Options

19 Posts

10-23-2016

India

48 Signins

649 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2017-07-20, 5:01 AM

_JM wrote:
Hello Ved. When you did the rest, have you tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps (aside from the VPN app)?  -JM

I hadn't installed any other app when I checked it. The problem remains across all VPNs, not a single one...

Ved
Options

4291 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3230 Signins

69776 Page Views

• Views: 69776
  • Message 7 of 10

2017-07-20, 14:54 PM

wrote:

_JM wrote:

I hadn't installed any other app when I checked it. The problem remains across all VPNs, not a single one...

I just setup a VPN connection on my G4 and so far I've not been able to duplicate. Thankfully it's a visual bug and isn't affecting the performance of your phone. Do you ever see this when not enabling VPN?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

19 Posts

10-23-2016

India

48 Signins

649 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2017-07-20, 15:01 PM

wrote:

wrote:

_JM wrote:

I just setup a VPN connection on my G4 and so far I've not been able to duplicate. Thankfully it's a visual bug and isn't affecting the performance of your phone. Do you ever see this when not enabling VPN?

-Tom

It is a visual thing. But when you try to change any setting from the notification bar at that time, there is no response and you gotta open the notification bar again when it will be alright. It only happens when VPN is turned on and it is very random. So you may see it on the future. I didn't come across it for a few months, was only a recent thing... 

Ved
Options

4291 Posts

02-11-2016

United States of America

3230 Signins

69776 Page Views

• Views: 69776
  • Message 9 of 10

2017-07-25, 14:16 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

_JM wrote:

-Tom

It is a visual thing. But when you try to change any setting from the notification bar at that time, there is no response and you gotta open the notification bar again when it will be alright. It only happens when VPN is turned on and it is very random. So you may see it on the future. I didn't come across it for a few months, was only a recent thing... 

Random issues are always the hardest to root cause. Let's do this. the next time it happens, please grab a bug report and we'll see if we can see anything from that.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

19 Posts

10-23-2016

India

48 Signins

649 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2017-08-02, 9:09 AM

I've PMed the bug report

Hope it helps

Ved
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms