Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-29-2018

Canada

11 Signins

181 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎01-29-2018
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 181
  • Message 1 of 7

G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-02-02, 18:31 PM

Before the Nougat Update, the bluetooth on my Moto G4 Play worked flawlessly. Get in the car and the music would automatically start playing. Now, it shows as connected to my car but nothing happens. I forward the music, I pause the music. I re-pair the phone. I have done everything recommended on this site so far except a factory reset which I don't want to do.

 

Even the update to the quick menus are slower and more awkward than the previous version.

 

Why did a perfect connection suddenly go bad after an update?

Reply
Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

  • Posts: 473
  • Registered: ‎08-28-2017
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 5446
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-02-05, 15:12 PM

wrote:

Before the Nougat Update, the bluetooth on my Moto G4 Play worked flawlessly. Get in the car and the music would automatically start playing. Now, it shows as connected to my car but nothing happens. I forward the music, I pause the music. I re-pair the phone. I have done everything recommended on this site so far except a factory reset which I don't want to do.

 

Even the update to the quick menus are slower and more awkward than the previous version.

 

Why did a perfect connection suddenly go bad after an update?


Hi svengali,

 

We understand how important it is for you to have a good and working device. May you please specify what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

 

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Reply
Options

6 Posts

01-29-2018

Canada

11 Signins

181 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎01-29-2018
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 181
  • Message 3 of 7

Re: G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-02-05, 16:42 PM
Yes, thank you. I have disable Google Play Protect, even though this was not causing my problem. I have Reset App Preferences. I have cleared the cache partition. I have re-paired the phone with my car bluetooth. The car and phone show a connection but music from Spotify will not play. I have not performed a factory reset. I have installed the Soundabout app and it works well most of the time. Still experiencing connection issues.
Reply
Options

6 Posts

01-29-2018

Canada

11 Signins

181 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎01-29-2018
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 181
  • Message 4 of 7

Re: G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-03-05, 2:35 AM
Hello Moto_Tim: I gave you the info on Feb 5 2018. Do you have any more information on the problem?
Reply
Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

  • Posts: 473
  • Registered: ‎08-28-2017
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 5446
  • Message 5 of 7

Re: G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-03-05, 14:54 PM

wrote:
Hello Moto_Tim: I gave you the info on Feb 5 2018. Do you have any more information on the problem?

Sorry, I missed your response. Have you tried playing spotify using a different phone on your car? Thanks!

 

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Reply
Options

6 Posts

01-29-2018

Canada

11 Signins

181 Page Views

  • Posts: 6
  • Registered: ‎01-29-2018
  • Location: Canada
  • Views: 181
  • Message 6 of 7

Re: G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-03-06, 15:50 PM

I do not have another phone to test. Before the Nougat Update, the bluetooth worked flawlessly. Now I have to use Soundabout for the bluetooth to work correctly.


wrote:

wrote:
Hello Moto_Tim: I gave you the info on Feb 5 2018. Do you have any more information on the problem?

Sorry, I missed your response. Have you tried playing spotify using a different phone on your car? Thanks!

 

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support


 

Reply
Options

473 Posts

08-28-2017

Philippines

217 Signins

5446 Page Views

  • Posts: 473
  • Registered: ‎08-28-2017
  • Location: Philippines
  • Views: 5446
  • Message 7 of 7

Re: G4 Play bluetooth not working with Car audio

2018-03-06, 19:37 PM

wrote:

I do not have another phone to test. Before the Nougat Update, the bluetooth worked flawlessly. Now I have to use Soundabout for the bluetooth to work correctly.


wrote:

wrote:
Hello Moto_Tim: I gave you the info on Feb 5 2018. Do you have any more information on the problem?

Sorry, I missed your response. Have you tried playing spotify using a different phone on your car? Thanks!

 

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support


 


I was thinking if we can somehow replicate the concern with a different model. That way, we can see if it's the application or the phone itself. Thanks!

 

Regards,
Tim
Motorola Support

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms