Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-15-2019

Canada

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 3

G4 Play: screeen won't stay off

2019-09-15, 23:35 PM

I have a Moto G4 Play.  When I turn the screen off, it won't stay off.

Every time it brushes my leg, or I look at it funny, the screen turns back on - not completely, just enough to allow me to hit the lock screen - but that's enough that it's continually trying to dial emergency numbers without my asking, just from hitting my leg, and it messes with the audio whenever I'm listening to anything.

I presume this is part of some fancy feature that is supposed to make it quicker for me to turn back on.  But I don't want that.

Does anyone know how to turn that feature off? To make it so, when I hit the power button, the screen turns off, and stays off, until I hit the power button again?

Thanks in advance - Nathan

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: G4 Play: screeen won't stay off

2019-09-16, 9:33 AM

Hi nicole-oresme,

Thank you for reporting, could you post us a small video showing what you see? We would like to take a look? This will help us better understand and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

09-15-2019

Canada

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: G4 Play: screeen won't stay off

2019-09-19, 3:40 AM

I'm not sure how to do that - I can't take a picture of the phone with itself, and I don't have another camera.

But it's pretty simple.  I hit the power button to turn off the screen.  I put the phone down.  I pick it up again, careful not to touch any buttons - the screen turns on, presenting me with the lock screen, waiting for me to put in my pattern, and allowing me to make emergency calls.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms