Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-17-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

204 Page Views

• Views: 204
  • Message 1 of 6

Ghost touch. Exact location pinpointed.

2017-09-17, 1:25 AM

While the ghost touching was happening, I managed to run Device Help>Hardware Tests> Touchscreen test and Multi touch test; see photos for results.

(A)Screenshot of Touchscreen test showing two green squares where ghost touch occurs. Ignore green square at the bottom.

(B)Multitouch test with x-y coordinates of same position on screen as in the Touchscreen test.

Question now is, what hardware is sandwiched in that spot between the back cover up to the glass screen?

Is the "ghost touch" being initiated by heat in that spot or a thickness issue creating pressure on the screen from behind it?  Could software fix this issue?

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Ghost touch. Exact location pinpointed.

2017-09-18, 21:13 PM

wrote:

While the ghost touching was happening, I managed to run Device Help>Hardware Tests> Touchscreen test and Multi touch test; see photos for results.

(A)Screenshot of Touchscreen test showing two green squares where ghost touch occurs. Ignore green square at the bottom.

(B)Multitouch test with x-y coordinates of same position on screen as in the Touchscreen test.

Question now is, what hardware is sandwiched in that spot between the back cover up to the glass screen?

Is the "ghost touch" being initiated by heat in that spot or a thickness issue creating pressure on the screen from behind it?  Could software fix this issue?

Hello AEofUSA1,

We're aware of these reports and we recommend having your phone repaired. Our repair center is equipped to resolve this problem of ghost touch and other hardware issues. You may check and visit this link for your repair/replacement options: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

29 Posts

09-15-2017

Germany

11 Signins

387 Page Views

• Views: 387
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-09-19, 5:57 AM

this Ghost Touch have a lot of customers, can be read in many forums, as well as at amazon. This only applies to the G4 series. If you examine the whole thing, it looks like internal hardware damage.  my G4, what I bought on saturday, so 4 days ago I started to start my own business, opens apps etc. Very annoying. Motorola is well aware of this problem, but does not offer a solution but remains silent. 

Options

5 Posts

09-17-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

204 Page Views

• Views: 204
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-09-19, 19:36 PM

So I am supposed to return a product I paid full price for to get an inferior refurbished product? How would Motorola like it if they asked me for 200 dollars and I only give 150? They wouldn't give me the product because I'm not paying the full amount. I likewise expect a full product when I pay full price for it.

Options

29 Posts

08-15-2017

Chile

128 Signins

984 Page Views

• Views: 984
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-09-20, 0:15 AM

How high is your brightness? I've heard that if the brightness is set to higher than 50% ghost touches can happen

I have my G4 at low brightness and never had any ghost touches, except when using dodgy chargers or being near a CRT TV, no idea why the latter happens

Options

1056 Posts

04-18-2015

India

588 Signins

7296 Page Views

• Views: 7296
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-02-04, 18:18 PM
In my Device, Ghost touch start from Right Bottom Corner and at Top Middle.
Hoshang
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms