Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

10-28-2017

United States of America

13 Signins

261 Page Views

• Views: 261
  • Message 1 of 2

Help for a Moto G4 Plus - last resort - MVNO PL?

2017-11-02, 2:38 AM

I purchased a moto g4 plus that was fullfilled by amazon services for the reason that the phone was specifically advertised to work on any carrier. I went to sprints store and they say the phone is not allowed on their network because it is locked by MVNO PL

I have no idea what that is, I guess maybe page plus?

The phone works fine for GSM but I purchased the phone unlocked and the imei checks out as clean, it also checks out ok on financial eligibility check so it supposedly has no ones account attached to it.

But as it turns out after a few weeks of time wasted I caught a glimpse of the tech screen and it stated not allowed to work on network becuase "MVNO PL"

Is the phone still subsidy locked?

My imei is in my profile, thank you for any info you can provide towards a resolution.

The phone seems to work but is being booted off the just the data services, it is as if only the CDMA side of it is being locked by the unkown database that know one knows exists which Sprint and Verizon use.

Sprint and Verizon say the same thing which makes no sense because putting a sim in from their respective MVNO subsidiaries works fine (ting and boost)

Is that even legal for them to block off access because of the mvno purchaser?

Does it not set motorola up for class action since they advertise it as "compatible" and it is because I checked it.

Options

295 Posts

06-15-2016

United States of America

973 Signins

22047 Page Views

• Views: 22047
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Help for a Moto G4 Plus - last resort - MVNO PL?

2017-11-03, 14:48 PM

wrote:

I purchased a moto g4 plus that was fullfilled by amazon services for the reason that the phone was specifically advertised to work on any carrier. I went to sprints store and they say the phone is not allowed on their network because it is locked by MVNO PL

I have no idea what that is, I guess maybe page plus?

The phone works fine for GSM but I purchased the phone unlocked and the imei checks out as clean, it also checks out ok on financial eligibility check so it supposedly has no ones account attached to it.

But as it turns out after a few weeks of time wasted I caught a glimpse of the tech screen and it stated not allowed to work on network becuase "MVNO PL"

Is the phone still subsidy locked?

My imei is in my profile, thank you for any info you can provide towards a resolution.

The phone seems to work but is being booted off the just the data services, it is as if only the CDMA side of it is being locked by the unkown database that know one knows exists which Sprint and Verizon use.

Sprint and Verizon say the same thing which makes no sense because putting a sim in from their respective MVNO subsidiaries works fine (ting and boost)

Is that even legal for them to block off access because of the mvno purchaser?

Does it not set motorola up for class action since they advertise it as "compatible" and it is because I checked it.

Hi SecretSquirrel1 -

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues activating your Moto G Plus (4th Gen) on the Sprint network. In order to better assist you, I will need some additional information. Can you please send me a PM with a good callback number?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms