US

16 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 1 of 5

Help with Micro SD Card

2019-04-05, 13:45 PM

(Moto G4)

Hello, so I've tried Motorola Live Chat with no solution, so I figured I would try here:

I recently bought the following Micro SD Card on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B073JYVKNX/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=3FAHRWW1TE6AR&keywords=sandisk+ultra+64gb&qid=1554471090&s=gateway&sprefix=SanDisk+Ultra+&sr=8-3

Keep in mind, the following Motorola Article suggest I buy a Micro SD Card with the same specifications that the above link has:

https://support.motorola.com/in/en/solution/MS110862

So when I installed this particular Micro SD Card, I went through the setup process, and it said that Card was too slow, but it set it up anyway.

By the way, I was wanting to set it up as Internal Storage, as the Moto G4 only has 16GB of memory.

My questions are:

1.) Has anyone else had this issue with this specific Micro SD Card (or any other Micro SD Card in general).

2.) If so, has anyone found a solution?

3.) Let's say I were to keep using this Micro SD Card, what's the cons of having it being too slow?

Also, yesterday, I removed the SD Card and hit the "Forget SD Card" button, but when I did that, Internal Storage still comes up as Internal Shared Storage.

I'll provide a Screenshot below, just to show how it's setup.

Options

2 Posts

04-23-2019

GB

1 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Help with Micro SD Card

2019-04-23, 19:38 PM

My sd card has been in the phone for several months its new and a good make scandisk since the up date i have to keep switching the phone compleatly off to get tthe phone to accept the card again.

I leave it charging at night and 3 times now the apps that were on the sd card have disapeared and i have to re download them this is now anoying so much i might if no answer be forced to get a new phone and it wont be Moto

Options

3 Posts

04-23-2019

US

10 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-04-24, 0:06 AM

It was actually slow when you were using it? You can use an app called CPDT to check sd card speeds and compare it to internal storage. 

Motorola support is a joke, they surely will not help you with this one.

Options

11 Posts

07-16-2017

GB

18 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-01-22, 11:37 AM

Hi I have the same micro card and same problem. Bought a second (Brand new) Moto G4 Plus. Set up sd card as internal memory When trying to Whatsapp phots states not enough memory, loads of memory on phone and card. First G4+ shows that the Internal Memory and SD card memory has being conbined on the it shows both being seperate, small SD card logo has turned Purple meaning it's linked.  Have sent photos via messages to 2nd phone no problem by email just show blank photo!!!!!!!

I have no idea what to do next. Is there anyone out therer with the answer..

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

385 Signins

26900 Page Views

• Views: 26900
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-01-27, 4:19 AM

wrote:

Hi I have the same micro card and same problem. Bought a second (Brand new) Moto G4 Plus. Set up sd card as internal memory When trying to Whatsapp phots states not enough memory, loads of memory on phone and card. First G4+ shows that the Internal Memory and SD card memory has being conbined on the it shows both being seperate, small SD card logo has turned Purple meaning it's linked.  Have sent photos via messages to 2nd phone no problem by email just show blank photo!!!!!!!

I have no idea what to do next. Is there anyone out therer with the answer..

Hi the-beekeeper,

Thanks for posting! I would suggest you take a back up of your data from the SD card and format it as portable. Check if the issue still persists and let me know.

Regards,

Suman 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete