Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-31-2016

India

9 Signins

179 Page Views

• Views: 179
  • Message 1 of 4

How to Downgrade Moto G4 and MOTO G4 PLUS from ANDROID N to Adroid M

2016-10-31, 18:03 PM

We all know there were Rumour that MOTO INDIA released Android N update for MOTO G4 and MOTO G4 PLUS.And we also know there was nothing like that.And just after few hours there was another rumour that official OTA files of ANDROID N for MOTO G4  and MOTO G4 PLUS are out.

Several XDA thread fourms provided link to the OTA Files and told the method to the users that how can they download and install that Official NOUGAT update..After some time that guys realised that the updated version not official because there are so many bugs and many problems they are facing in their phone..so finally peoples think that these are Soak test files.

I am a New Youtuber and A MOTO G4 PLUS user too...i haven't installed these OTA files on my Device...But  i am asking this Question on behalf of my subscribers and other viewers....How they can downgrade their Device safely back to Marshmallow from Nougat. Can the service centres help them in downgradation by installing a Fresh Software or any other solution for this Problem.

This is my First Question here on LENOVO fourms and i searched for this topic here on LENOVO FOURMS and found nothing so if i make mistake or asked something wrong then please Don't mind but try to Reply for the resolution of this problem as many of them realised their mistake which they made after the MOTO INDIA leaked Page came in Light  so we can't say this is completely their fault As it was discovered on MOTO website and this page worked like instigator for the second rumor of official Moto G4 and MOTO G4 PLUS OTA files leak.So Device owners of g4 and g4 plus installed them before MOTO INDIA confirmed on twitter that NOUGAT is not released.Human is impatient in case of software updates and me too :D .PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You !

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: How to Downgrade Moto G4 and MOTO G4 PLUS from ANDROID N to Adroid M

2016-10-31, 18:22 PM

First, this forum doesn't support modding in any way.  Second, what little support we might give to modders to point them in the right direction, downgrading the OS is the easiest way to brick a phone, and has never been supported at all.

While I applaud your efforts to help others, the bottom line is that your viewers should have been more careful before installing a manufacturer upgrade that didn't come straight from the manufacurer.

Since this topic cannot be discussed in depth, I'm closing this thread.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-10-31, 18:22 PM

wrote:

We all know there were Rumour that MOTO INDIA released Android N update for MOTO G4 and MOTO G4 PLUS.And we also know there was nothing like that.And just after few hours there was another rumour that official OTA files of ANDROID N for MOTO G4  and MOTO G4 PLUS are out.

Several XDA thread fourms provided link to the OTA Files and told the method to the users that how can they download and install that Official NOUGAT update..After some time that guys realised that the updated version not official because there are so many bugs and many problems they are facing in their phone..so finally peoples think that these are Soak test files.

I am a New Youtuber and A MOTO G4 PLUS user too...i haven't installed these OTA files on my Device...But  i am asking this Question on behalf of my subscribers and other viewers....How they can downgrade their Device safely back to Marshmallow from Nougat. Can the service centres help them in downgradation by installing a Fresh Software or any other solution for this Problem.

This is my First Question here on LENOVO fourms and i searched for this topic here on LENOVO FOURMS and found nothing so if i make mistake or asked something wrong then please Don't mind but try to Reply for the resolution of this problem as many of them realised their mistake which they made after the MOTO INDIA leaked Page came in Light  so we can't say this is completely their fault As it was discovered on MOTO website and this page worked like instigator for the second rumor of official Moto G4 and MOTO G4 PLUS OTA files leak.So Device owners of g4 and g4 plus installed them before MOTO INDIA confirmed on twitter that NOUGAT is not released.Human is impatient in case of software updates and me too :D .PLEASE HELP!!! Thank You !

This has been mentioned many times on XDA and here. 

1. Sideloading software is considered unofficial software install. It is not the same as OTA

2. There is no valid excuse - period. OTA means over the air. Sideloading requires someone to download a zip file, reboot into recovery mode and issue commands to flash that file - not even close to OTA process

3. OTA process does other sanity checks that sideloading violates

4. downloading software from some internet site - not OTA

5. Sideloading software - no way to really know if it is authentic. It could have malware. 

6. Service centers will not downgrade software. 

7. Even if service center would downgrade, users would have to pay for the service.

8. Warrany is now invalid, users are on their own.

MOST IMPORTANT - there is no supported way to downgrade. None. Other lines of phones have bricked in the past. 

It would probably be worse to try to downgrade then stay on some unofficial build of software. 

It is 100% users' fault for installing something they found on the internet.  You can make all kinds of excuses and point to some releas notes as justification for why users should do their own thing, but it doesn't make sense. 

These forums are for the discussion of stock software only.  

XDA would be a better solution. We can't discuss non-official software or downgrading on these forums. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-10-31, 18:24 PM

Link removed from your post... even screenshots of unofficial software are not allowed. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms