06-08-2016

IN

156 Signins

612 Page Views

• Views: 612
  • Message 1 of 2

Maps draining excessive battery without use

2016-12-23, 4:04 AM

Since 3 days maps have been draining battery insanely without even being used and location option turned off...I m posting screenshots of battery while I m typing this I have charged my phone to 100% and then used it for 10 minutes just for videos and news. Like it is in screenshot, other days also that battery usage showed GPS being on but in settings I couldn't find any options related to this

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2017

GB

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Maps draining excessive battery without use

2017-01-11, 8:43 AM

I too am experiencing the same issue. The battery is been excessively drained by 'Maps' and the battery history shows the GPS is on, despite my location been off the entire time.

I have tried the following:

• Settings - Location - Recent location requests. There was only 3 items 'Google Play services', 'Motorola Modem Service' and 'Maps' All three had 'Low battery use' so there was no other app.
  • Settings - Location - Scanning. I turned off the scanning for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
  • Settings - Apps - App permissions - Location. Only two apps had location permissions 'Maps' and 'Uber'
  • Settings - Developer options - Running services. I killed all the unnecessary apps. I cannot recall if 'Maps' was running.
  • Finally, Settings - Apps - Maps. I disabled and re-enabled 'Maps'.

The final step resulted in the the 'GPS' no longer been on in the battery history details and 'Maps' was removed entirely form the Usage list (Mobile standby 16% and Screen 13% are now top of the list). I have not fully charged my phone since so I am not sure if this has solved the battery draining but it stilll seems to be draining excessively.

I use 'Maps' regularly and do not want to continuously disable and re-enable the app. Has anybody any thought on how to resolve this? I understand the next steps are to start my phone in 'Safe Mode' and see if the problem persists and/or uninstall recent apps but I am confident the issue is with 'Maps' given the steps I went through above.

Phone details:

- Moto G4 Plus

- Android 6.0.1

- 3 weeks old ( Transferred all apps from my old LG Nexus 4)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete