IN

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto G4 Heating Issue and Memory Card Mounting

2016-05-26, 11:48 AM

Hi Team,

Last week I purchased Moto G4 Plus, 3 GB/32 GB Variant. I mounted a Memory Card, but it is showing as ejectable media similar to USB. Then I mounted it by formating the card with in the Phone, but then the card was not displaying in any File Explorers. How to mount a memory card like we normally do in Moto G2 and other Android phones (Not Like USB Mode) ???

Also, heating problem exists. 5 minutes of normal usage causes phone to heat.

Thanks,

Abin

Options

210 Posts

04-02-2015

IN

129 Signins

2876 Page Views

• Views: 2876
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G4 Heating Issue and Memory Card Mounting

2016-05-26, 12:53 PM

Hi Abin,

Can you check with another SD card?

Regarding heating Issue, let me tell you that the phone will get warm when you use it for features that require a good deal of power. This sounds like perfectly normal activity. Gaming and shooting video uses a lot of battery power, and when you use power, the battery gives off heat.

Can you try using it for a few days and see if it develops any further problems? It may be that it's just working hard. Can you please share your IMEI if the issue continues.

Thanks

MFN Team

Options

23 Posts

05-26-2016

IN

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2016-05-27, 10:09 AM

I am using the Phone for past 1 week. Just using What's App itself is heating the phone. Even I open Camera for less than 1 min, Browse for less than 1 min etc is heating my phone which is unusual. I am having ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser and even after continuous use of all services and playing high end games, watching and streaming videos etc for long time also, no issues are there.

My Phone IMEI is attached.

Thanks,

Abin

Options

19211 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2358 Signins

58187 Page Views

• Views: 58187
  • Message 4 of 8

2016-05-27, 13:29 PM

Thanks for the IMEI, Abin.

I took a look at a couple of days of usage and could not see high temperatures except during one charging session, which is normal. Can you watch for a time when the phone heats, and then give me the time of day and what apps you were using exactly when it happens? Thanks very much.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

23 Posts

05-26-2016

IN

33 Signins

148 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2016-05-27, 16:02 PM

As I mentioned in the earlier comment, a 1 minute usage of WhatsApp is making my Phone beat which is weird. I can't browse net for some time. I was using ASUS ZenFone 2 and Moto G2. Asus never heats up. Comparingly Moto G4 is getting warm and hot very faster even not running any huge memory or process consuming applications.

Options

2016-05-30, 8:37 AM
Please also perform basic troubleshooting process:

-Finding if any Third Party app is hogging CPU cores(60% issues of lagging/heating are solved by this)
-Perform Factory Reset(with autorestore disabled) from recovery.

Post back your findings.
Options

581 Posts

10-18-2014

US

187 Signins

2917 Page Views

• Views: 2917
  • Message 7 of 8

2016-05-30, 11:05 AM

wrote:

-Finding if any Third Party app is hogging CPU cores(60% issues of lagging/heating are solved by this)

Post back your findings.

Don't copy-pasete the same in all threads and for your kind information Factory Reset isn't basic troubleshooting. WIll you provide the lost data once anyone does that after listening to you. Have you mentioned to back up all the data? I have done and found no change. Now can you help me to solve this?

With Love,
Bubai
Options

2016-05-30, 11:41 AM

wrote:

wrote:

Post back your findings.

Don't copy-pasete the same in all threads and for your kind information Factory Reset isn't basic troubleshooting. WIll you provide the lost data once anyone does that after listening to you. Have you mentioned to back up all the data? I have done and found no change. Now can you help me to solve this?

Here you go again--

First-Its *copy-paste . Stop typing in Haste.
Second-If you cannot provide logcats and use ADB for further debugging at first place,
Factory Reset is the first thing every support Tech advices. Engineers will dive deeper if that doesn't solve issue at first hand.
Third- Stop acting like a know it all, when you don't. And follow your advice first, Stop posting copycat replies to my posts.

Fourth- If you Can't help others, don't reply with useless

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete