Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G4 / Moto G4 Plus / Moto G4 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

01-19-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

40 Signins

539 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 539
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G4 Mobile standby draining battery.

2016-12-27, 19:44 PM

Hi, I realised that battery life is being drained quite heavily and i'm don't feel that its normal. I believe that its mobile standby causing the issues but i'm not sure.

What's really interesting and i've tested this on another moto g4 ( NOT PLUS, just Moto G4) that the signal stays at the very very minimum UNTIL I make a phone call at which it jumps to FULL signal - ok so if you say maybe this is a way of saving battery but then I thought when I look at the battery usage it shouldn't be orange. You can see the minimum signal thing in the long picture with all the apps used by the battery.

Other odd things, once i went to sleep with 95% battery woke up with 65% thats a 30% drop over 7 hours sleep. But the next day i went to sleep and it only dropped 15% battery. The day after that it only took 8%. These figures are VERY odd. After dropping 30% once, i was convinced there was an issue.

I also know another motorola moto g4 user who got the phone at the same time, both our devices are two weeks old. He went to sleep with 25% and woke up with the battery dead. But he also said like me, that the next day it dropped something like 15% too. Whats even more weird is that these similar battery drops on both devices happened on the exact same days. None of us have background updates enabled. FORGOT TO MENTION the battery life was unbelieveably good during the first two days of using the phone, and also the other user said the same.

Also, I found the sum of the mAh, its never precise or equivalent to how much has been used, i think there are difference normally of about 1000 mAh or something I dont know why. So I found the sum of the mAh which is 955 mAh approx, currently i have 44% battery. Therefore, 56% has been used, 0.56*3000 = 1680 so 1680-955 = 725mAh which is the amount missing?!

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G4 Mobile standby draining battery.

2016-12-27, 20:55 PM

Hi 1Mark,

The multitude of factors affect the battery performance of a device. If a device is fairly new, it may take a few drain-charge cycles to get the battery to perform at optimal level. Since your phone is already a couple of weeks old, I would suggest calibrating the battery. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots. Plug into the supplied charger then charge it to 100%. Leave the phone on the charger for at least an additional hour. Observe the battery performance after this.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 3 of 6

2016-12-27, 21:00 PM

wrote:

Hi, I realised that battery life is being drained quite heavily and i'm don't feel that its normal. I believe that its mobile standby causing the issues but i'm not sure.

What's really interesting and i've tested this on another moto g4 ( NOT PLUS, just Moto G4) that the signal stays at the very very minimum UNTIL I make a phone call at which it jumps to FULL signal - ok so if you say maybe this is a way of saving battery but then I thought when I look at the battery usage it shouldn't be orange. You can see the minimum signal thing in the long picture with all the apps used by the battery.

Other odd things, once i went to sleep with 95% battery woke up with 65% thats a 30% drop over 7 hours sleep. But the next day i went to sleep and it only dropped 15% battery. The day after that it only took 8%. These figures are VERY odd. After dropping 30% once, i was convinced there was an issue.

I also know another motorola moto g4 user who got the phone at the same time, both our devices are two weeks old. He went to sleep with 25% and woke up with the battery dead. But he also said like me, that the next day it dropped something like 15% too. Whats even more weird is that these similar battery drops on both devices happened on the exact same days. None of us have background updates enabled. FORGOT TO MENTION the battery life was *unbelieveable* the first two days of using the phone, and also the other user said the same.

Also, I found the sum of the mAh, its never precise or equivalent to how much has been used, i think there are difference normally of about 1000 mAh or something I dont know why. So I computed i used 955 mAh approx, currently i have 44% battery thus 56% used, 0.56*3000 = 1680 so why? is this so different?

Hi 1Mark,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

For assistance in updating your profile, please click this link

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Options

23 Posts

01-19-2016

40 Signins

539 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2016-12-27, 21:15 PM

_JM wrote:

Hi 1Mark,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

For assistance in updating your profile, please click this link

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

Hi JM,
EDIT
I have added the details, apart from the phone carrier wasn't listed. So I wrote it in 'private notes'. Please let me know if you find anything and thank you for the quick reply. I will also try to recalibrate, just a note when I compared someone elses moto g4 the one i said which he got at the same time as me it only had 18mAh difference yet mine has always had a 700-1000mAh difference. 

When I said the battery life was unbelievable I meant unbelievably good. You said it took a few charge cycles so that it would become optimal. but instead it got worse.

Many thanks,
Mark

Options

23 Posts

01-19-2016

40 Signins

539 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2016-12-30, 17:53 PM

_JM wrote:

Hi 1Mark,

The multitude of factors affect the battery performance of a device. If a device is fairly new, it may take a few drain-charge cycles to get the battery to perform at optimal level. Since your phone is already a couple of weeks old, I would suggest calibrating the battery. To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots. Plug into the supplied charger then charge it to 100%. Leave the phone on the charger for at least an additional hour. Observe the battery performance after this.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Hi, there is an improvement but then Realised that suddenly wi-fi is eating up the battery

I'm not sure why.

Options

4 Posts

07-30-2017

India

6 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-07-31, 19:42 PM

I am having the same issue.... Phone loses all the network in sleep mode.it is Really annoying, because I am unable to receive calls. Currently using Vodafone 2g, in mumbai,India. It has really good coverage, so this must be phone's issue.... Please bring an update.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms